Manager Risk & Control
What will you do?
The Manager Risk & Control provides Risk & Control services for the Dutch Retail Brands. As a Manager Risk & Control you will perform the following tasks:
- You are leading the local team of 2 associates, ensuring that the local control frameworks are in line with guidance received from the Director of R&C (EU);
- As Manager you define the scope of the control framework and ensures that the frameworks are in line with requirements from the Ahold Delhaize Group (global policies), but also from the internal and external auditor and follows up audit findings;
- Also, you evaluate incidents and initiates that local management implements relevant controls to prevent future occurrence. Control findings and audit findings are evaluated and the Manager ensures that impact assessments are performed with high quality standards;
- You create risk awareness and control mindset at all levels in the company;
- You support and challenge local management in risk management, including strategic risk assessment with the Board (Enterprise Risk Management) and risk assessments on specific projects;
- Furthermore you facilitate the activities for the ISAE 3402 that we provide to franchisers: In this process you coordinate updates to the report, align with the external auditor on their activities and their findings, ensure that controls are in place and support in performing impact assessments for control deficiencies;
- You have regular update meetings with senior management to get insight in the status of issues of the Dutch Retail Brands. The Manager reports via the Management Report on Internal Control on a quarterly basis the R&C activities that are performed and the status of the issues to the AH board and Group R&C. The manager ensures that the status of issues is aligned with the internal and external auditors and is included in the quarterly closing meeting to present the outcomes of the quarters Risk & Control activities;
- Participating in the NL GRC committee.
Manager R&C reports to Director of R&C (EU) and has a dotted reporting line to the VP of Business Services Finance.
What do we offer?
- A diverse, challenging job that combines accounting, analytical and problem-solving skills to deliver desired results;
- Work in the dynamic international environment of Ahold Delhaize with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience;
- An excellent benefits package.
For more information you can contact Maria José Molina Mesa (Talent Acquisition Lead) : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the feeling that this vacancy matches with your professional and personal profile, please apply online with your resume attached.
Please note that Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.
To perform this job you have a relative good knowledge of retail processes have a risk mindset and are able to challenge management about controls to implement . Experience within retail is not a hard requirement, but will be in your advantage. Also the following requirements are important to perform this role successfully:
- A university degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics. RA, CPA, ACCA and/or Registered Operational Auditor;
- Work experience of 7+ years in one or more subjects: external auditing, internal auditing, operational auditing, business controlling, and/or financial controlling. Our ideal candidate has both experience within an External Audit and Internal Audit position or
- external audit and financial controlling or internal audit and business controlling;
- An ISAE 3402 certificate is a welcome advantage. Basic understanding of ISAE 3402 is required;
- Fluently in Dutch and English (both written and verbally). Other relevant languages are considered as an advantage;
- You are based in the Netherlands.
As manager you will maintain a broad network of internal customers / stakeholders (senior business management, Financial controllers, business controllers, CFO's, project leaders, the Group Risk & Control (R&C) team, IT department, external BPO-parties and the external auditor). The following key competences are required to be an asset:
- Team management skills: Good communication and influencing skills;
- The ability to translate Ahold Delhaize EU guidelines and instructions into local frameworks;
- Impacting and influencing multiple stakeholders by challenging management and colleagues in work related issues;
- Support local finance teams in mitigating risks while maintaining independence (3 lines of defense IC model).
Meet Some of Ahold Delhaize's Employees
Specialist, Integration Management Office
Stanislava is part of the specially formed team that overseas the global integration program and drives synergy delivery as a result of the merger between the former Ahold and Delhaize Group in July 2016.
Back to top