Indirect Tax Analyst
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world's largest food retail groups, a leader in supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. Our family of great local brands serves more than 50 million shoppers each week in the United States, Europe and Indonesia. In Europe, in most of the countries we are the number 1 or 2 supermarket company, leader in speciality stores such as Albert Heijn and Delhaize, and in the Netherlands we own the leading e-commerce company, bol.com.
Each brand shares a passion for delivering great food, value and innovations, and for creating inclusive workplaces that provide rewarding professional opportunities. Our brands have also established meaningful, lasting commitments to strengthen local communities, source responsibly and help customers make healthier choices.
At our Corporate HQ in Zaandam we are looking for an Indirect Tax Specialist.
You will be working closely together with Indirect Tax Managers in the Netherlands and Brussels, Indirect Tax Managers and Specialists at the BPO provider (preparing the VAT filings) and several Finance Managers. You will be part of the Indirect Tax team and will represent Ahold Delhaize's versus the BPO provider. Summary of your key responsibilities:
- Review and advise on approval of VAT filings in the Benelux, and support fulfilment of reporting requirements for the Dutch companies;
- Support with VAT queries from the business, financial service providers, and tax authorities;
- Support embedding new business models and activities in indirect tax compliance procedures;
- Support with the implementation of new VAT legislation and reporting requirements;
- Support improvement of indirect tax controls;
- Monitor trends and support VAT recovery and cash flow improvements;
- Develop and perform data analytics to help the tax function to mitigate tax risks and identify tax opportunities.
- Support implementation of new VAT compliance solutions and use of new technologies in indirect tax.
We are looking for a highly motivated colleague who is willing, and able, to learn. You're curious, can work independently, and have strong eye for detail. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, highly motivated young professional with strong communication, organizational and technology skills. Other requirements:
- Bachelor degree in the field of international tax law or accounting;
- 1-3 years working experience in VAT compliance;
- Fluent in English and Dutch;
- Knowledge/experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle and SAP) is a plus;
- Strong analytical skills, broad interests;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good skills in Excel;
- Willingness to travel within Europe.
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to deepen your VAT technical knowledge, master your tax technology skills, gain experience with tax controls, and be on the front of implementing new business models, and new European tax legislation into procedures within one of the largest retailers of the Western hemisphere.
- A position where all business and tax regulatory developments tie-in together;
- On the job training in VAT and tax technology;
- Good benefits;
- Opportunity to build your competencies and develop your personal network;
- Future career opportunities within an international retail environment.
Would you like to learn more regarding this role, you can contact Sebastiaan Taling, Talent Acquisition Specialist Supporting Functions via +316 82 48 28 59 or via mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahold Delhaize (including AH, ETOS en Gall) does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.
Back to top