Data Scientist HR Analytics
We are looking for someone to join a fresh and ambitious HR Analytics team that helps to support our business worldwide. This team combines different sources of (business) data to contribute to strategic and operational decision making, and has an engaging mission: to support actual (HR-related) decision making for all brands within Ahold Delhaize.
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. The company has enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers' changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
You will be working in the HR Analytics team, situated at the Ahold Delhaize Group Support Office (Zaandam). The team consists of a small core, surrounded by scientists (Statistics, AI, Philosophy, Happiness Economics), with a profound love for chocolate, good coffee and tea.
What you will be doing in the HRA team and far beyond
- Design and build solutions to business questions using a variety of data mining and machine learning techniques, explore and experiment with different data mining, statistical, and visualization methods to ensure flexible, and when applicable, creative solutions to business questions
- Communicate your results directly to stakeholders, using visualisations and dashboards when applicable, with either Tableau, PowerBI or flexdashboards in R, in a way that is so awesome that no-one forgets
How you will achieve it
- You collaborate with team members and business owners to gather, process and analyze data
- You advise stakeholders on how to best solve business questions, and manage expectations with respect to data quality and availability, in collaboration with the Principal Data Scientist and the Director HR Analytics
- You are eager to be challenged on the quality of your work and love to learn from others, you are also eager to share your knowledge and help others improve their solutions
- Masters, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
- You deeply care about the quality of your code
- You can manage and analyze existing and newly collected data
- You have the ability to perform basic descriptive statistical analyses on large datasets from different sources
- If you can automate, you will
- You have been around the block with R and/or Python, you have a working knowledge of SQL
- You can visualize insights using R/Tableau/PowerBI
- No experience with HR is required
- You are able to challenge ideas and methods in a constructive way, you do not wait to be told what to think or what to do
- You see the work as an opportunity to learn, grow and become a bad-ass data scientist
What we offer
- Working with highly skilled professionals in a new area
- Being able to apply and grow your skills in a vast number of business challenges
- A solid network with academia (we have university researchers in our office each week)
- Space to grow and think and come up with your own research ideas
- Ability to visit conferences and grow your professional capability
- Great benefits, including discount on your groceries!
For more information about this job you can contact Bart Voorn. Director HR Analytics Bart.Voorn@aholddelhaize.com
If you have the feeling that this vacancy matches with your professional and personal profile, please apply online with your resume attached.
Meet Some of Ahold Delhaize's Employees
Specialist, Integration Management Office
Stanislava is part of the specially formed team that overseas the global integration program and drives synergy delivery as a result of the merger between the former Ahold and Delhaize Group in July 2016.
Back to top