Strategy and Innovation Manager
Agoda.com is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing online travel agents and is now established among the premier ecommerce companies in Asia. Coming from over 60 counties, our 1,900 person team is young, energetic, and hyper-focused on every last detail of the internet. Despite our size, we feel like a startup. You’ll get to work on tough challenges, surrounded by people as smart as you are to help solve them.
Our parent company, the Priceline Group, owns several other premier travel brands, including Kayak, Booking.com, Rentalcars.com and OpenTable making us the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the word. In keeping with the group’s focus on entrepreneurialism, each brand operates totally independently, allowing us to conceive, implement and measure new changes in our products literally hundreds of times a day.
The Strategy and Innovation Manager will have end to end responsibility for identifying, designing, and executing special projects for Partner Marketing. The position reports directly to the Director of Partner Marketing and works closely across different departments within Agoda be it with operations and technical teams and local account managers.
This role will have the challenge of thinking up new innovations and ideas for growth, as well as ensuring project implementation is successful. Projects are expected to be more technical and affiliate based and requires technical understanding of how affiliate programs work. The Project Manager would also be responsible to monitor performance post implementation and identify best practices and areas of risk or concern.
This position will have visibility over all aspects of Partner Marketing (across all verticals and all markets) as well as working relationship with other Marketing departments. It offers high visibility with senior management and with other departments within the company.
This position is based in Bangkok.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify and propose new ideas, test and experiments to optimize current partner relationships as well as ways to innovate and work with affiliates, networks, and key opinion leaders or social media influencers
- Drive revenue for Agoda from projects
- Co-ordination of the strategic direction, including best practices, skill labs, business requirements, KPIs, lead prioritization, operational service levels, and account optimization with relevant stakeholders
- Implementation of recommendations and projects
- Work internally across all of Partner Marketing and externally with other departments in Agoda to ensure seamless implementation of projects
- Continuously analyze and monitor market and overall Partner Marketing performance, trends and the competition to formulate actionable insights and understand business drivers
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in business, marketing or other relevant field
- Minimum five years’ experience in business development, strategy or project management
- Analytical, numerical and problem solving skills; understands and utilizes data and metrics relevant to role
- Understanding of web-related technologies, and the technical aspects of affiliate distribution models
- Experience with digital strategy, mobile apps, affiliates and affiliate networks an advantage
- Fluent in English. Chinese language skills an advantage
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, SQL and web based technology including apps
- Energetic and driven personality
- Able to work independently and autonomously, and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills and a curious mind to continuously seek answers
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communicator who expresses facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to establish relationships and influence stakeholders at all
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top