Statistician - Testing platform
We’re Hiring Statistician / Testing platform expert !
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. What’s stopping you from getting in touch?
Bangkok: While it’s 30°+ outside, our engineers don’t sweat, knowing they have the coolest jobs out there. Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what we do around the globe.
We move fast – why wait ages to see your ideas go live? Work on tough challenges, safe in the knowledge that you are surrounded by people as smart as you are (if not smarter!) to help solve them. And while we’re on the subject, Agoda people come from over 65 countries: It’s an incredible technical creative melting pot.
Technology is not just what we do – it’s at the heart of who we are. We put cutting-edge technology in your hands so you can help us change the way people run their lives. We want you to come here so they can get there – and get your career going places, too.
Maintaining this growth requires an incredible amount of data, a superior IT infrastructure, and world class talent to bring it all together.
Testing is our culture; every new deployment goes through extensive A/B testing which validates its uplift. However, really understanding the ins and outs of proper testing is not trivial, even for our ace product owners. So, we are looking for a statistician that will own this part of our business.
- You are an evangelist of statistics and its best practices
- You can explain hard statistical ideas to non-statisticians
- You are comfortable around data and know how to leverage it
- You have a hands on approach; you're an innovator
- You ask the right questions (and answer them!)
- You have experience or are familiar with modern A/B testing approaches
- You can code in R or Python and have a knowledge of SQL. Coding in OOP languages (Scala/Java/C++) is a plus
- You're experienced with big-data technologies
- You're knowledgeable of both Frequentists and Bayesian approaches as well as computational methodologies (MCMC algorithms, etc.).
- You have at least two years of industry experience; 5 years is preferable
- You have knowledge and some experience in machine learning
- You hold an advanced academic degree in statistics, preferably a PhD (not a requirement but a big plus)
- Nice to have: humor, blogging, online learning
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top