Software Development Manager - Data
Are you looking for a role with Real big data, working on systems that consume and generate 100’s of Billions of events per day? Serving Machine Learning models in real time on 1000’s of servers?
We are looking for top notch development managers to lead the teams of our data services. We use big data and ML for most of our applications - fraud, recommendation, marketing, ranking, supply management and many more. Each of these bring their own challenges of combining a distributed, multi-dc, scalable and performant solution with the needs of modern cutting edge algorithms (such as deep learning).
You will manage a team of engineers in joint scrums with the best data scientists around to achieve these goals and since Agoda is the fastest growing travel company in the world you can imagine the challenges of tomorrow will be even more demanding.
Our ideal candidates are experienced agile development managers who master technology to the point where you can make a trade off and decide when to use which technology, and push our platform forward. At the same time, also have solid agile experience to deliver at rapid pace.
We believe that managers should be professionals at technology, should be able to jump in to any project and understand the bits & bolts of the technologies their teams use. If you are one of those people that don’t want to “just manage” and still excited about building things along with building teams, you will fit here very well.
- Lead team of at 6 – 12 energetic developers
- Drive design and architecture of the system
- Create a robust, scalable and blazing-fast API.
- Drive the execution of the team toward the vision. Visionary and pragmatic.
- Grow and coach team members. Always challenge team to be higher performer.
- Work closely with product owner to provide technical direction
- Be able to work with data scientists, understand and contribute to modern machine learning development lifecycle
Technologies we love
- Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Impala)
- Machine learning technologies (E.g. Python scikit, SparkML, Tensorflow)
- Micro-services development languages & technologies (E.g.: Java, Scala/Akka, Python/Django/flask)
- Relational database (E.g.: SQL Server, Postgres)
- NoSQL database technologies (E.g.: Cassandra, Couchbase, Aerospike)
- Message queueing technologies (E.g.: Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins / Teamcity)
- Performance and load testing
- Passionate about technology and building software
- 5-10 years’ experience in software development and a mix of the above mentioned technologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a leadership/influencer position: team lead, development manager or architect.
- Must have worked in an Agile environment and understands Scrum
- Familiarity with travel industry and rate system is a plus
- Experience in ML development is a plus
#shanghai #beijing #shenzhen #sanfrancisco #sanjose #losangeles #sandiego #oakland #miami #orlanda #boston #seattle #newyork #telaviv #manchester #london #liverpool #york #dublin #sydney #melbourne #IT #4 #5 #LI-JA1
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top