Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The IT Infrastructure team operates all networks, servers, and storage platforms used to deliver services to Agoda’s customers. We support every product within the company, working with a wide range of systems and technology stacks. As part of the IT Infrastructure team, you’ll be working with over 25,000 server instances, one of the largest OpenStack private clouds in Asia, sophisticated Kubernetes-based compute engines, and a data platform capable of transporting and ingesting millions of data messages per second. Each of these opportunities - coupled with an open work environment - are a great way to gain experience on a modern and dynamic platform, constantly evolving to adapt to changes in the business landscape.
Our infrastructure team in Bangkok is searching for an experienced Senior Linux Systems Engineer to help us scale and manage our many object storage clusters. We are looking for somebody with hands-on experience on Ceph, advanced Linux skills and, if possible, exposure to block storage clusters.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Design, engineer and support Agoda’s internal private cloud, with primary focus on Ceph, (Ceph, Openstack, Docker/Kubernetes)
- Develop and manages tools for systems and infrastructure automation
- Research and development of infrastructure service improvements to help scale our private cloud
- Troubleshoot system and OS level issues at scale across multiple global DCs
- Manage custom packages
- Mentoring of other System Engineers within the team, preparation of technical documentation and training
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- At least 5+ years in systems engineering
- Bachelor's degree or higher in any field, or relevant work experience
- Technical experience requirements (in order of importance):
- Linux administration
- Distributed object store systems (Ceph or similar)
- Storage technologies (RAID, LVM, performance tuning)
- Containers and container orchestration (ContainerD/Docker/Kubernetes/etc.)
- Configuration Management (Ansible, Puppet and Salt Stack)
- Scripting such (Bash, Python, Powershell etc.)
- Monitoring/Alerting/Logging Services (eg. Sensu, Nagios, Logstash, Graphite, Grafana, Kibana)
- Understanding of Auth/Directory services
- Virtualisation (KVM is preferred)
- Experience working with large and dynamic server farms, preferably in the e-commerce space
- Experience collaborating with developers and operations in DevOps enabled environments
- Knowledge of Microsoft products is desirable
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time
- Self-motivated, approachable and adaptable, with have good communication skills
It's Great if you have:
- Experience working specifically with CentOS/RH
- Experience working with Openstack projects.
- Experience in Software development (Python/GoLang)
- Experience working with Microsoft products
- Understanding of Auth/Directory services
- A strong desire to learn
- The desire to keep up with the latest technologies and stay ahead of the curve
- Great communication and interpersonal skills; a good sense of humor is always a plus
- Mindset of a team player
#auckland #sydney #melbourne #capetown #johannesburg #london #berlin #amsterdam #paris #brussels #budapest #zurich #istanbul #moscow #minsk #singapore #bangalore #kyiv
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.