Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know Our Team
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Within our Pricing Team, we build and maintain the engines behind the prices are shown on the website, Mobile App, and different partners' websites. It's a combination of Real-time Microservices that are called every time users land on the website, machine learning models, Spark jobs running on the Hadoop clusters, and a back-office UI component exposed to our internal business users. The system is spread across 5 data centers and more than a thousand machines overall. Our biggest challenges are to support the ever-growing need to optimize the prices that are shown, with keeping up with the SLA and scale of the systems.
In This Role, You’ll Get to
- You’ll work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and create new data system from scratch, all the way to deploying software
- Improve scalability, stability, speed of existing applications
- Debug and fix production problems
- Collaborate with other teams
- Research new technologies and share across organizations
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience, preferred at a tech company
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Scala, Java, Python, or any functional/OO languages. We code primarily in Scala
- Experience building API products (knows protocols/formats/best practices)
- Experience working in an agile environment using test-driven methodologies
It’s Great If You Have
- Experience building large-scale API products
- Experience working with big data technologies (eg. Spark, Hadoop)
- Passionate about functional programming
#bangkok #ENG #IT #3 #4 #LI-ST2
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.