Senior Software Developer (Fullstack/Python/DevOps)
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. As a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world and maintaining this position requires an incredible amount of data, a superior tech infrastructure, and world class talent to bring it all together. Tech is not just what we do – it’s at the heart of who we are. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. We love innovation and putting new technologies to work to extend our lead on the competition.
What’s stopping you from getting in touch?
Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what we do around the globe. We move fast – why wait ages to see your ideas go live? Work on tough challenges, safe in the knowledge that you are surrounded by people as smart as you are (if not smarter!) to help solve them. And while we’re on the subject, Agoda people come from over 74 countries: It’s an incredible technical creative melting pot.
For our infrastructure team in Bangkok, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer (full stack!) to build out and improve the tools and automation that supports a tech infrastructure, spanning multiple continents with one of the largest OpenStack private cloud clusters in the world.
- Design and develop software for supporting the life-cycle of infrastructure services at scale that helps drive efficiency in our core infrastructure including bare-metal/cloud, systems monitoring and metrics etc.
- Work with stakeholders (Infrastructure management/team members, software development managers, database operations teams) to gather requirements and develop software/tools to support the needs of the business in an Agile scrum environment.
- Proactively document and train operations staff on the tools developed
- Look for opportunities to build tools/automation to allow for a hands-off approach to operations.
- At least 5 years’ software development experience with Python or has experience in a similar language and can transition to Python.
- Experienced in scripting such as Bash, Python, Powershell etc.
- Good knowledge of web development frameworks (front/back end), programming libraries and protocols such as Django, Flask, JQuery, HTML, CSS, AJAX, RESTful APIs etc
- Experience in working in an agile environment (scrum, sprints etc).
- Familiarity with database development/administration. Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch would be beneficial).
- Familiarity with using open source projects, or contributing to open source projects.
- Knowledge of OpenStack operations and its API’s is advantageous
- Systems/DevOps knowledge/experience in:
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible and Salt Stack)
- General Networking (switches, routing)
- Monitoring services (Sensu, Nagios, Logstash, Graphite)
- Virtualization/Containerisation (KVM/Docker/LXC)
- Understanding of Auth/Directory services
- Understanding of Storage (RAID etc)
- Experience collaborating with developers and operations in DevOps enabled environments.
- Experience working in a fast paced e-commerce/internet organization and dynamic environment.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time.
- Self-motivated, approachable, and adaptable and have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal English is a must).
Do you have what it takes?
- A strong desire to learn.
- The desire to keep up with the latest technologies and stay ahead of the curve.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills; a good sense of humor is always a plus.
- Mindset of a team player.
Journey with us in this exciting period of growth. This role is open to all candidates, both locals and international, we will provide Visa sponsorship/relocation package.
Back to top