Agoda.com is a leading Asia-based, online travel accommodation company that specializes in securing the best accommodations at the lowest prices for travelers. Agoda.com is part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq:PCLN). Agoda.com’s network includes more than 950,000 accommodations worldwide. The multinational staff of nearly 3,500 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals to both business and leisure travelers..
This position is for vibrant multilingual Customer Experience Group (CEG) within Agoda. The role of Recruiter acts as a talent acquisition specialist contributing to Agoda’s success by developing and implementing staffing strategies to identify high-quality, diverse multilingual candidates for positions throughout the Company globally. You will concentrate on active and passive candidate generation for positions across multiple locations across Asia and globally and promoting Agoda as employer of choice.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Understand the talent needs and the knowledge, skills and abilities required by hiring managers and agree sourcing and selection approach
- Understand open recruitment requirements and create appropriate job descriptions and attractive adverts
- Demonstrate creativity in using the right channels and messages to find targeted sources of high quality candidates,
- Create an effective candidate network leveraging social media and technology to locate, engage, and attract prospective candidates
- Develop a pool of qualified active and passive candidates and maintain contact with possible future candidates
- Fosters relationships with high potential candidates for future opportunities. Ensures that candidates have a highly positive experience during the Agoda recruitment and selection process.
- Drive proactive sourcing plans to attract external talents using direct channels in line with business needs; position specific sourcing strategies, initiatives and programmes including networking/relationship building, internet job boards, social network search, database mining, professional outreach and advanced direct searching techniques.
- Review CVs, conduct pre-screening interviews as required
- Responsible for organizing interviews at all stages of the process including diary coordination for interviewers, including assessment center organization/coordination/facilitation.
- Submitting appropriate candidates to the hiring managers outlining relevant experience. Handling any queries the hiring manager may have in relation to the candidate.
- Ensure interview feedback is gathered from hiring managers and recorded in a timely manner, as well as communicated to candidates
- Assess applicant/candidate quality, skills, and fit to identify the best candidate for a position
- Partnering with the HR Service Delivery team to ensure quality of all related recruitment correspondence including all offers of employment
- External networking to understand bench marking and best practice
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across Agoda including with hiring managers; HR and the business.
- Provide hiring managers with regular updates on their open positions
- Engages in timely and appropriate communications with all candidates, hiring managers, vendors, generalists and other stakeholders
- Managing customer and candidate expectations appropriately throughout the recruitment process.
- Keeping knowledge current – (market conditions, regulation, etc…) and maintain ongoing and effective communication and alignment of these with HR and the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong computer skills: Social Media, Linked In, Twitter, Job Boards, applicant tracking systems. Significant experience in social media, technology, internet sourcing and online recruitment tools
- Excellent English, both spoken and written.
- Experience of direct sourcing for talent, including interviewing, negotiating and closing offers as well as the ability to support the team in development of these skills
- Recruitment experience within a high volume environment
- Self-directed and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong orientation to quality, continuous improvement and customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and consultative skills including the ability to present to internal and external groups,
- Ability to assess talent for the job now and for the future needs of the business.
- Ability to source both active and passive candidates via a multitude of sourcing channels and collaborate on recruitment process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills; strong time management; attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Process focused, methodical, well-organized with excellent attention to detail
- Confident communicator with ability to cope within a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Results orientated - demonstrate initiative, a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, and act on opportunities to create value
- Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and demonstrate flexibility
- Proven direct candidate sourcing and relationship building skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity, stressful and/or confidential situations with ease and professionalism.
- High energy, enthusiasm, passion for recruitment
- Vendor management and cost saving initiatives experience
- Experience of employment branding strategies
- Experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment; experience recruiting within a large matrix environment
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top