Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Back End (Bangkok based)
- Bangkok, Thailand
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In Agoda’s Back End Engineering department, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the Back End Engineering team.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer role at Agoda is an integral part of the development process. The role is to be a quality owner of the team who will ensure that the systems are developed with top quality in a timely manner. In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates and team members will share a passion for a high-quality product, strong engineering principles, and methodical problem-solving skills.
In This Role, You’ll get to:
- Lead and own quality strategy of assigned scrum team to ensure a right level of product quality
- Own quality practice of assigned scrum team
- Ensure right level of testing activities perform along with product design/implementation
- Define necessary test automation, design automation flow, share implementation effort with software engineer
- Monitor and ensure each change achieves its business KPI on production
- Drive the velocity of product development together with scrum team
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Graduated from IT related field
- At least 2 years in as a software engineer, QA or related roles.
- Ability to code in any programming language
- Good command of English (Speaking, Writing, and Reading)
- Ability to identify and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and commit to the team's schedules and goals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
It’s Great if you Have:
- Experience in Test automation or Selenium is a plus
- Experience in Agile Methodology is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top