Senior Product Manager – China Market
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
Agoda is the largest and fastest-growing online hotel booking platform in Asia and a part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), the world’s leading provider of brands that help people find great experiences through technology.
At Agoda, you’ll find:
- A team of smart and engaged people collaborating to find elegant solutions to complex problems
- A multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment of travelers and adventurers at heart
- Top talent from brands like Google, Uber, Alibaba and Amazon, which means you’re learning from and working with the best
Product at Agoda – be the CEO
At Agoda, product managers (PMs) are responsible for defining the overall strategy and goals for Agoda’s various products, including the website, mobile app, marketing, and advanced internal products and tools.
China is one of Agoda’s key strategic focuses. The China PM has dedicated engineering teams overlooking China’s end to end customer experience through China-specific features/programs such as JD Baitiao, CloudPay(云闪付),Wechat Mini Program. The team is given full autonomy to work on features that can drive the business with no red tape. Product decisions are made based on data analysis and not from the top down. The team is very fast-moving and entrepreneurial, with lots of cross-collaboration with other parts of the China business such as marketing and customer support.
Your high-level role as China PM:
- See the big picture and the small details at the same time.
- Understand the broad needs of the business, stay ahead of the dynamic and competitive industry, spot trends and technical developments, and update the product roadmap as needed
- Be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that Agoda’s products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of our many customer groups.
- Understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability – including various e-commerce metrics and concepts
- Make data-driven decisions on conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Setting product strategic direction based on customer needs and business goals
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project.
- Evaluating opportunities and risks through data driven approaches
- Prioritizing ruthlessly to maximize ROI
- Generating breakthrough product innovation
- Working with UX designers and researchers to create smooth and lovable user experience for Chinese customers
- Collaborating with marketing colleagues on viral campaigns
- Leading engineering teams with well-planned sprint and detailed user stories
- Educating senior management on ever changing China market dynamics
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Experience and passion for UX design, functionality and testing
- Enthusiasm for developing engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Big picture thinking
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies
- MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
- Deep knowledge about China’s B2C markets and fast evolving technology sector
- Excellent written and spoken Chinese language skills
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to ‘speed wins’ philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility
- Experience with customer yun-yin
- Past experience at an e-commerce or OTA company
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be included as part of an offer to eligible candidates.
#minsk #brussels #saopaolo #toronto #vancouver #montreal #shanghai #beijing #prague #copenhagen #helsinki #paris #nice #berlin #dublin #munich #hamburg #stuttgart #hongkong #budapest #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #amsterdam #oslo #warsaw #krakow #bucharest #moscow #singapore #capetown #johannesburg #seoul #barcelona #madrid #stockholm #taipei #dubai #london #manchester #liverpool #hcmc #gibraltar #PRDM #5 #LI-KB1
Back to top