Senior / Manager - Hotel Connectivity and Operational Performance
ABOUT WORKING AT AGODA
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a Booking Holdings company, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate and has a network of over 1 million accommodation options worldwide and employs over 3,700 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe and the USA.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
DEPARTMENTAL INFO/JOB SUMMARY:
As part of the world’s largest travel company - Booking Holdings Group, Agoda & Priceline are two global leaders in the online travel space. The Regional Manager - Hotel Connectivity and Operational Performance will own the technical performance of your portfolio of hotel chains. The successful applicant will likely have a background within connectivity, web technology, software development, engineering or product development from within the travel industry and have project management experience or an ability to very clearly demonstrate efficient project execution skills.
Note from the Global Director: The successful applicant will likely have a technical understanding of the online travel industry. Applicants from outside the online travel space will need to demonstrate executive level experience within the e-commerce space. The most valuable skill alongside technical prowess is an ability to think / communicate commercially. Understanding business drivers / commercial requirements and translating that back and forth to a technical space will be the cornerstone of success.
- Own the performance of APAC chain connections including new builds, rebuilds, upgrades, day-to-day success rates, access to inventory, rates, rate plans, content and availability
- Drive efficiency and agility into XML, hotel CRS / PMS and channel management connections
- Lead, inspire and drive the performance of the APAC connectivity and operational performance teams - including training, mentorship, technical skill development and sustainability
- Represent the global connectivity & chain performance team in Bangkok, engaging senior leadership and key stakeholders to drive forward the Key Accounts performance
- Maintain the highest command of performance metrics and data sets to drive decision making
- Understand and manage commercial / stakeholder needs to ensure the connectivity between Agoda / Priceline and our hotel partners is always capable of driving revenue / performance
- Involve yourself in as many commercial and product conversations around forward planning, ensuring the connectivity team is thinking strategically on how we can drive additional value to our customers and hotel partners
- Prioritize operational scale, ensuring there is minimal spillage into manual tasks
- Work with industry experts and hotel partners to innovate and out-pace the development of our competitors to ensure our connections and performance ability is cutting edge
Competencies / Skills
- A humble and empathetic manner
- Must have a team first ethos and a dedication to collective success
- High IQ and EQ - acumen in these areas is vital to success at Agoda / Priceline
- Results oriented and a methodical approach to driving progress
- 7+ years’ experience within a multi-national travel or e-commerce company
- 7+ years’ experience within a connectivity or engineering space
- Excellent command of: SQL, Excel, Hadoop, Kibana, XML and data modelling
- Proficiency with Hotel PMS / CRS systems: Amadeus, Sabre / SynXis, Oracle, Opera, Windsurfer, DerbySoft, SIteMinder, TravelClick, HBSi, RateTiger
A bachelor’s degree or MBA in computer science, software engineering, IT or related field
Below are some websites to learn more about agoda.com:
#Shanghai #IT #4 #LI-MP2
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top