Senior Finance Manager
The Senior Finance Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day finance operation, accounting, systems, compliance activities and management financial reports of Agoda’s Chinese entities. This person will also be responsible for recruiting and developing a talented team of accounting professionals.
The role involves high level interaction with the Executive Directors and extensive interaction with other business managers and teams and external stakeholders such as tax authorities, auditors. The person will be required to display strong leadership, management and team-working skills, managing and contributing (as appropriate) to new business and/or expansion initiatives.
As the role will be based in China they will need to be able to operate independently and know when and how to communicate with our head office in Bangkok.
Roles & Responsibilities:-
- Help to improve the work process and support the business development.
- Support the initiation, commencement and completion of assignments throughout the new project.
- Collaborate and share ideas with other operation teams to ensure the accuracy and consistency in the workflow.
- Provide ad-hoc report to support management decision making.
- Maintain the internal control environment in the Company's operations that are compliance with Corporate policy, Anti-Corruption control and as well as SOX requirements etc.
- Oversee the Accounting functions.
- Ensure financial statements are in accordance with Local GAAP requirements and company policies.
- Plan and design business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support scalability in our business systems and activities.
- Coordinate with Tax Team to make sure all companies are in compliance with rulings and the statutory filings are on time.
- Lead and support ad hoc special projects, including opportunities to collaborate with other departments across the company.
- Identify and communicating issues to the management
- Manage and correspond with local accounting professionals and auditors for all statutory financial reporting
- Implement workflow manual of each function e.g. closing process, account payable/receivable process.
- Build the finance team based in China to produce quality deliverable within tight time frames.
Qualifications & Skills:-
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting/Finance and preference for C.P.A.
- Accounting Standard knowledge (e.g. Local Accounting Standard)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in auditing / accounting field, preferable in the online service industry.
- At least 7 years’ experience in supervisory level.
- Familiar with audit procedures, and production of financial statements.
- Proficient PC skills, ERP is preferable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Chinese, English and good presentation skills.
Personality or Traits:-
- Strong analytical and problem solving, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking, mature, positive attitude, hardworking, and team oriented.
- Willing to work extra hours if necessary.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and changeable environment.
- Willing to learn new things and get more challenging tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Strong technical and analytical skill with good communication skill.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top