Senior Data Engineer - Data Platform
We are a big technology company, but we still think and act lean like a startup. We place a high value on ownership and experimentation that drives knowledge based decision making. At Agoda we are thinking every day about how to use the latest technology to build new exciting services that will be used by millions of people. Continuous Delivery will play a significant role in how our team thinks and operates, we are determined to deliver often and get fast feedback. If you find yourself frequently pondering how to do things faster and better, how technology could interact, how a new technology would help you to do new things or how a customer would use your products, then Agoda is the right place for you.
Work will focus on building services and APIs that serve internal and external customers.
You must be confident in code quality and execution, working in an agile team using continuous delivery and infrastructure as code.
Office location - Bangkok, Thailand.
Technology you should be comfortable with or interested in learning: Functional Programming, Scala, SBT, AKKA, Spark, Kafka, Java, NoSQL, SQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, REST APIs, Swagger, MemCache, CouchBase, Redis, AVRO, and infrastructure/tools like OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet/Chef.
- Implementation of REST API endpoints for internal customers.
- Be comfortable with or be very interested in learning functional programming
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Focus on continuous delivery for all aspects of the system.
- Infrastructure as code using Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Octopus, Powershell DSC, etc.
- Collaborate in project planning and system design.
- Work with both front-end and back-end developers.
- Engage with team to improve and optimize current code and planning practices.
- Be prepared to work with the entire team to contribute to strategic technology decisions.
- Embrace continuous improvement for yourself and with your team.
- Take responsibility for successful delivery of solutions.
YOU WILL BE A GREAT FIT IF…
- You are passionate about behavior driven development and testing.
- You understand why we need to build out continuous integration/delivery pipelines.
- You care about both user experience and developer experience.
- You write DRY, readable, and modular code.
- You have to understand the root cause of an issue and then improve the solution.
- You are a SOLID engineer.
- Are interested in learning new programming languages and tools.
- Like working on a team collaborating to solve complex problems.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS (NOT 100% REQUIRED):
- Strong experience building and improving scalable applications.
- Experience designing and building Restful APIs using SCALA and AKKA.
- Worked on data platforms like SQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop or CouchBase. You understand that different applications have different data requirements.
- Experience with HTTP, WebSockets, and message-based systems/protocols.
- Ability to work independently and integrate systems with many moving parts.
- Familiarity with session and authentication best practices, access control, and preventing CSRF.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, GitHub.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
Back to top