Senior Counsel, Product and Regulatory (Bangkok Based)
Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 5,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
Based in our Bangkok office and reporting to Agoda’s General Counsel - you will be expected to become a key legal adviser and point of contact to Agoda’s Product, IT and Business teams gaining a deep understanding of Agoda’s products, systems and business. By nature, you must be curious, collaborative and persuasive enabling you to provide proactive, practical and clear legal advice in a fast-paced environment ensuring that Agoda’s products and initiatives are legally compliant and sustainable especially from a regulatory perspective.
- Be the sole point of contact in the Legal team for Agoda’s Product team
- Provide legal advice enabling Agoda’s products and initiatives to be compliant across a number areas of law including content regulation, competition law, marketing/advertising, consumer protection and be able to at least identify data privacy issues.
- Have the oversight and practicality to help build scalable and sustainable processes for providing legal input in Agoda’s products and initiatives and be able to deal with senior stakeholders within the organization in a persuasive and effective manner
- Proactively provide legal advice from the initial stages of product, marketing and systems development to launch and beyond ensuring that potential legal issues are caught early
- Carry out legal impact assessments and creatively find a way to facilitate such assessments, mitigating any risks effectively, without creating needless bureaucracy to enable the business to move fast, while balancing risk effectively and navigating gray areas of law.
- Facilitate legally compliant display of information on the website front end ensuring compliance with consumer protection laws, B2C contracting and regulatory requirements
- Liaise effectively with regulators as necessary – including competition authorities.
- Be part of a team navigating new areas of law and regulations – alongside our Government Affairs team.
- Identify data privacy issues and liaise with Agoda’s Data Governance Officer where required
- Degree in law, licensed to practice
- Experience counseling Product, IT, Marketing and Design teams early within a product or initiative process at a consumer facing technology company.
- Familiarity with competition guidelines on front end display including with the relevant authorities in the EU, USA, Singapore, Australia and other relevant jurisdictions, assist the business in understanding such laws including what this means for relevant contracts.
- A good control of contracts, shaping deals with vendors or providers as necessary and be able to negotiate certain clauses that may have a competition law angle
- 7+ years of legal experience preferably both in a law firm and in-house
- Good knowledge of competition laws and dealing with competition authorities
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
#LGL #4 #dallas #houston #losangeles #london #singapore #sanfrancisco #belgium #brussels #austin #newyork #newyorkcity #philadelphia #sandiego
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top