Senior Commercial Analyst
***Only accepting applications of candidates who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship***
ABOUT WORKING AT AGODA:
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Since its acquisition by the Priceline group in 2007, Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe and the USA. This role will be in important part of our New York office and will also help to ad growth to our U.S. presence.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
DEPARTMENTAL INFO/JOB SUMMARY:
As part of the world’s largest travel company - Booking Holdings Group, Agoda & Priceline are two global leaders in the online travel space. Our Senior Commercial Analysts work to support the overall performance of our most important hotel partners around the world by providing a suite of analytics, insights and reporting that keep the team informed, up to date and agile in their approach to revenue performance.
Note from the Global Director: The successful applicant will have flawless technical proficiency and an unparalleled command of how to present outputs internally and externally to all levels of business. They will have an impeccable track record of building out a suite of analytics / insights / reports within an online travel or e-commerce space. Success in this role will be defined by the perfect combination of precision and attention to detail coupled with an ability to ‘work fast’, i.e. delivering high quality outputs first time - every time - on time.
Our Senior Commercial Analyst will conduct close examinations, using models and predictive economic research of our revenue, operations, expenses and competition to find relevant patterns and discrepancies, and then use this analysis to put forward changes that improve the business' functioning and/or profits. You will present these changes and will use your results to serve as the nucleus for new marketing programs, alterations in products, and adjustments in financial strategies. This role requires exceptional commercial acumen and the ability to put together forecasts / pacing reports / financials, in addition to building out around KPIs / QBRS / business cases.
- Build and maintain our suite of internal reporting metrics and real-time alerts, including technical performance, health metrics, revenue and customer behavior
- Deliver best in class insights into market performance, competitor behavior, product opportunities and market gaps by optimizing our data sets with agility and scale
- Bridge the communication gaps between key parts of the business; commercial, product, development and connectivity by having an extremely high command of performance metrics and aggregating multiple data sets to tell compelling stories
- Involve yourself in as many commercial and product conversations so you are able to respond quickly to ad hoc requirements from the teams
- Ensure that our teams have the ability to present accurate and informative performance metrics to external partners by continually optimizing and responding to market needs
Competencies / Skills:
- A humble and empathetic manner
- Must have a team first ethos and a dedication to collective success
- High IQ and EQ - acumen in these areas is vital to success at Agoda / Priceline
- Results oriented and a methodical approach to driving progress
- 5+ years’ experience working within an online travel technology or e-commerce company
- 5+ years in a business intelligence / analytics role within e-commerce, travel or finance
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in computer science, software engineering, IT or related field
- Elite command of SQL, Excel, Hadoop, Vertica, Kibana, Tableau, XML, data modelling and in depth experience with ArcGIS or QGIS
Other great things about working at Agoda:
- Summer office hours program, where weekends start early
- Centrally located in Empire State Building
- Private Insurance with excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted visits to the Empire State Building rooftop viewing area
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off including vacation time and holidays
- Employee hotel discounts
- Monthly team parties
- Commuter and Flexible Spending pre-tax programs
- Bike room available and discounts on restaurants located in the building
Below are some websites to learn more about agoda.com:
Hired.com’s latest global brand report has ranked Agoda #1 Employer Brand in Singapore!
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6332121467869818880
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/agodacareers/posts/319960588412399
Agoda is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top