Regional Training Manager, North Asia - Based in Seoul or Shanghai
Agoda.com is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,500 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great
The L&D Manager (North Asia) role leads CEG-wide learning solutions and initiatives that support business objectives and employee development. The L&D Manager will manage L&D Specialists and Sr. Specialists for our Chinese, Korean, and Japanese teams, and will provide them feedback and coaching as they work on L&D solutions and initiatives.
Success in the role will be measured by efficiencies gained and quality provided by CEG employees, primarily the trainers who report directly to the role as well as Operations staff, as evidenced by increased KPI scores. It will also be accountable for ensuring that market-specific customer care skills are incorporated into L&D solutions.
*** This position is open to international candidates. Relocation package and full visa sponsorship will be provided.***
Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Lead and manage global L&D and CEG initiatives through effective project management skills
- Lead and manage Leadership Development in the North Asia region.
- Analyze performance gaps and recommend solutions to close gaps related to knowledge, skills, and behavior
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of L&D programs in terms of improvements in KPIs or metrics
- Lead interactions between and collaborate with L&D staff, Operations, and other support teams to agree on and achieve L&D goals
- Customize L&D solutions according to Chinese, Korean, and Japanese market requirements
- Share best practices within L&D and with other key stakeholders as well as implement best practices from other regions
- Act as a mediator to answer the queries from management about L&D solutions and practices
- Provide feedback and coaching to trainers to help them work on their assigned tasks, achieve their KPIs, and implement their development plans
- Evaluate trainer performance and complete trainer performance reviews
- Plan and allocate trainer resources to ensure the L&D needs of the organization are met
- Has project management and planning skills as this will be key to the success of an L&D Manager
- Has good mentoring and coaching skills
- Has leadership qualities and the ability to supervise and guide L&D Specialists and Sr. Specialists
- Has good communication skills
- Able to transform the ideas of management and implement appropriate L&D solutions in the organization
- Has good analyzing skills and ability to tackle critical situations
- Able to maintain constructive work relationships with the employees of all departments; seniors as well as juniors
- Is goal-oriented and results-driven
- Must be a fluent speaker in English. Chinese, Korean or Japanese language fluency is an advantage.
It is required for candidates to have at least 3 years of experience managing L&D teams and 5 years of experience in Customer Experience-related functions to be eligible for this role. Experience with Leadership Development training is a plus.
#shanghai #beijing #hongkong #seoul #yokohama #tokyo #TRNG #CUST #4
Back to top