Regional Manager - Osaka, Japan
This individual will bring a strong analytical acumen coupled with market place knowledge, a high level of sales savvy and the ability to recruit, motivate, coach and mentor subordinates. In addition, the capability to establish and develop long term relationships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role. Driven personality, disciplined work habits, and attention to details will be the key to the role.
Responsibilities will include: (1) set strategic objectives in conjunction with Senior Management team for region (2) managing hotel/accommodation partnership efforts in the region to ensure that they can be properly monetized (3) managing and optimizing a business development plan for hotel/accommodation contracting to drive operating goals, and (4) building high-level and long-lasting hotel/accommodation relationships to enhance contracting efforts in the assigned areas, and (5) lead and manage a team to achieve set targets.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Initiate, acquire and develop direct hotel/accommodation partnerships to meet set acquisition targets.
- Ensure revenue goals for market and control costs within budget.
- Recruit, develop, manage, retain, lead staff to ensure adherence to all targets and KPIs.
- Ensure good and pro-active team work with subordinates, colleagues and superiors.
- Provide the team and the senior management with regular, constructive and relevant feedback.
- Prepare and present high quality fortnightly reviews.
- Share and seek out best practices and knowledge.
- Close chain deals to bring on new partners.
- Negotiate and secure market deals and promotions with hotels.
- Train hotel suppliers to on our tools and our model.
- Ensure price competitiveness of product.
- Plan and execute regular and relevant partner visits according to the goals, targets and objectives.
- Attend and participate to all relevant trade shows, workshops and local events necessary to achieve goals and represent the company in line with company guidelines.
- Share relevant data and information with the partners to ensure a high level of communication and feedback to optimize performance.
- Verify, analyze and understand all available data and reports by giving continuously feedback on the quality of the data.
- Maintain and develop the high level of usage of CRM, back office and all other management tools.
- Ensure that payment procedures and other finance operational goals are achieved.
- Develop and execute initiatives and negotiations to maximize margin opportunity,
- Obtain inventory and long term agreements with our supply partners.
- Coordinate with central management on planning and objectives.
- Establish individual goals and conduct direct reports performance reviews
- Travel extensively within the Japan market.
- Develop, and own relationships with key decision makers at hotels, hotel groups, associations and other relevant industry bodies.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required.
- MBA or equivalent a plus.
- 3-7 years business development experience required.
- Min 4 years experience managing a team, with a proven success record in setting KPIs and sales and marketing strategies.
- 5+ years progressive sales and project management experience in consultative sales or sales management environment.
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English and Japanese.
- Prior experience working in e-commerce, consulting, internet or FMCG industry desirable.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate value proposition to potential partners.
- Understanding of the principles of conversion, ROI and financial metrics associated with online advertising and online partnerships.
- Team leader and team player.
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
- Past success in mentoring and building sales organizations that cater to long term customer relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly disciplined work habits.
- Energetic and driven personality.
- Adapts well to and is energized by change.
- Creative and Innovative.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top