Regional Head of Customer Service Delivery: Southeast Asian Languages (Based in Bangkok)
- Bangkok, Thailand
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda’s Customer Support Team understands that travel can be an everchanging environment. That is why we provide in-person, real-time help around the clock and in 38 languages. No matter the issue, we present the best of Agoda’s values to each and every customer with multiple support channels and a strong desire to serve. Certainly doing more than answering phone calls or replying to emails, our specialists actively look for ways to improve our customer’s experience. We quickly adapt to challenges by collaborating with other teams and experimenting on everything we can. This has allowed us to develop new and effective products that produce meaningful results and continue to drive Agoda’s business performance. Our Customer Support Team serves a daily role in contributing to a core strength and service of Agoda with a clear vision and a focus on efficient and satisfying customer support.
This role is responsible for leading the customer service teams supporting South East Asian Languages (Thai, Malaysian, Vietnamese, Indonesian) as they provide support to customers across voice, email, chat, and back office activities. This role is based in Bangkok and supports teams both onsite and in the Agoda Malaysia office.
This role requires a high level of personal and professional skills associated with running global operations teams. First and foremost, this is a people leader role and enabling local teams to be successful is core to the role. In addition to being a brilliant people leader and communicator, the ideal candidate will bring a vision, a sense of curiosity, a passion for travel, keen analytical skills, a tech-centric mindset and a willingness to lead by example.
This position is open to both local and foreign candidates and we will provide a relocation package for the right candidate, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Enabling teams to be successful by being committed to coaching, providing feedback, encouraging, recognizing and facilitating brilliant outcomes, all in the name of helping direct reports, their teams, and the whole site to be successful.
- Proactively identify and follow through on improvement opportunities, being willing to experiment, iterate and learn along the way
- Collaborating with global colleagues to deliver better together
- Communicating and connecting local teams to the Agoda/CEG strategy making these relevant and digestible for local teams.
- Responsibility for leading the South East Asian language service team outcomes across CEG, delivering to efficiency, customer satisfaction, and workforce effectiveness objectives.
- Creating and nurturing a team culture that is highly engaged and effective
- Be unafraid to ask for help, be willing to fail-fast and willing to take a risk when the need arises
- Ensure a safe, friendly working environment
- Ensure company compliance requirements and initiatives are upheld and supported 100%
- Embrace the Agoda Mission and Values
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- Significant service and leadership experience are essential
- Strong background in multi-channel Contact Center / BPO operations: Minimum 8+ years in scale leadership roles
- At least a college graduate university degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with a strong preference to also speak one of the south Asian team languages (Thai, Bahasa Malaysia, Indonesian, Vietnamese)
- Knowledge of PC applications / tech savvy
- Excellent listening skills, critical-thinker, and problem solver with attention to detail
- Excellent personal and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of individuals, including building strong partnerships with other departments
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and effectively manage different timelines
- Must be an assertive team player with high energy to work in fast-paced environment
It's Great if you have:
- Project management certifications (PMP, Six Sigma, COPC or equivalent)
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#CUST #5 #bangkok #hcmc #jakarta #kualalumpur #sydney #melbourne #london #barcelona #capetown #singapore #bucharest #amsterdam #vancouver #LI-MB1
Back to top