Product Owner, Supply Systems
Our parent company, the Booking Holdings Group, owns several other premier travel brands, including Kayak, Booking.com and Rentalcars.com, making us by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. But in keeping with the group’s focus on entrepreneurialism, each brand operates totally independently, allowing us to conceive, implement and measure new changes in our products literally hundreds of times a day.
Reporting directly Director of Product – Head of Supply and based in Bangkok, Agoda’s Product Owners Supply Systems are responsible for defining the overall strategy and goals for Agoda’s products interfacing and connecting with our supply partners (accommodation providers such as international hotel chains, hotel operators and accommodation owners as well as agencies). POs drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry and improve our supply width and depth to empower demand. Product Owners will create and maintain a product roadmap and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that Agoda’s products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of our many customer groups.
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand.
A Product Owner will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. They will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well – conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
In summary, an Agoda Product Owner can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
- Leading product innovation
- Setting strategic direction of the site based on internal and external customer needs and business goals
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks
- Working with graphic designers to create and maintain consistent, branded look and feel across all products
- Defining navigational flow and user experience on the site, apps, etc.
- Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
- Developing and implementing administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project.
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs.
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience with emerging data-mining technology
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Experience and passion for web / UI design, functionality and testing
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies
- MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Proven skills in recruitment and staff leadership
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to ‘speed wins’ philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.
Back to top