Product Owner, SEO (Bangkok based)
Do you geek out on schema markup and meta data? Does seeing a failed canonical implementation make your skin crawl? Are you obsessive about using data to determine what moves the SEO needle? Then you might be the rock star we’ve been searching for to join our growing SEO team!
This is an amazing opportunity to work on the cutting edge of technology, in a rapidly growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry. And perhaps best of all, you’d get to live in one of the world’s most beautiful countries, top-rated by expats from around the globe. Kickstart your life with agoda!
Who is agoda?
Agoda is a hotel booking website, part of the Booking Holdings Group, the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. We run alongside Booking.com, Kayak, RentalCars.com and more. The best part is that each brand operates independently, meaning we have the resources of a big enterprise, but the mentality of an entrepreneurial startup.
What’s so great about this SEO gig?
- Your focus is on ranking optimization. Leverage data, run tests, learn and evolve your SEO skillset to discover what works in our incredibly competitive industry.
- We operate at massive scale! Over 120 million SEO-optimized landing pages in 50 different languages. There’s a lot of work to do.
- You decide the roadmap. There’s virtually no red tape to get it approved. Have a crazy idea that you think will move the dial? Start your team of software engineers working on it tomorrow. We are very fast-moving and entrepreneurial.
- Agoda attracts top talent from brands like Google, Microsoft and Amazon, which means you’re working with and learning from the best. Need expert Designers? Sure thing. How about Data Scientists to solve a very hard problem? We got you covered. Do you have an appetite for machine learning? Go grab lunch with our ML team.
- Lastly, you get to live and work in Bangkok, Thailand. Not only is it a vibrant, beautiful country, but it’s the perfect travel hub to explore all of Asia. It’s time to see the world!
So what’s it like to work at agoda?
In three hyphened words: fast-paced, data-driven, and extremely-rewarding.
Agoda’s product team is the company’s engine for innovation. A product owner is the CEO of their product, operating with considerable autonomy. We are responsible for defining and executing on a vision for our products, as well as communicating that vision to senior management. We see our ideas come to life, iterate on success and learn from failures.
Product owners can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer. And, you get to live in Thailand!
Agoda covers expenses related to getting a work permit, visa and relocating you, your family and belongings to Bangkok. We make it easy for you to start a new chapter in life.
- Develop a roadmap and lead your team of software engineers, making your vision come to life. Relentlessly prioritize innovations to achieve ranking KPIs
- Communicate your vision extensively with stakeholders across the organization, particularly in the marketing department
- Closely manage a sprint team of engineers to execute on the roadmap. Write detailed user stories in consultation with the content team, UX specialists, designers, and analysts
- Act quickly on trends and opportunities by staying up-to-date on SEO in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry
Qualifications and experience:
- Enterprise SEO experience, preferably at a large-scale ecommerce or travel company
- Extremely comfortable with data and analysis. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Passion for rapidly designing and building projects, then A/B testing their success with users and bots
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Ability to motivate and inspire engineering teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- MBA in business, advanced math or engineering degree
- Experience with emerging data-mining technology, machine learning or data science
- Able to write complex SQL queries
- Programming skills a plus
Back to top