Product Owner, Experimentation (Bangkok based)
Our parent company, the Booking Holdings group, owns several other premier travel brands, including Kayak, Booking.com and Rentalcars.com, making us by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. But in keeping with the group’s focus on entrepreneurialism, each brand operates totally independently, allowing us to conceive, implement and measure new changes in our products literally hundreds of times a day.
Experimentation is at the core of agoda business and culture. The experimentation product owner role is part of the overall PO organization, headed by the Chief of Product Officer and based in Bangkok. The PO is responsible for defining Agoda’s experimentation methods, processes and vision, as well as executing the development of products that would yield massive business benefit to the company. The PO will work across functions, from supply, marketing, to internal platforms and customer facing platforms, in order to optimize the company’s business results.
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand.
The product owner drives relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. PO will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. PO will collaborate with data scientists to build world-class machine learning models. They will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts across all functions very well – conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
PO needs to be a strong communicator. PO will create and maintain a product roadmap and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that Agoda’s products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of our many customer groups.
In summary, the experimentation product owner can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, algorithmic decision-making – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand
- Leading company-wide product innovation in experimentation
- Setting strategic direction in order to accelerate the company’s growth
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks
- Navigating the company’s culture to new heights of data driven
- Developing and implementing administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project.
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs.
- Extremely comfortable with data. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making, be able to write complex SQL queries.
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Knowledge & understanding in statistical. The ability to challenge & drive high performance from data scientists.
- Experience implementing innovative ideas or products in complex organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Exact science degree – a must
- Advanced degrees in exact science - advantage
- In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to ‘speed wins’ philosophy
- Highly skilled in training and coaching others
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.
Back to top