Product Owner, Connectivity - Singapore
Our parent company, the Priceline group, owns several other premier travel brands, including Kayak, Booking.com and Rentalcars.com, making us by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. But in keeping with the group’s focus on entrepreneurialism, each brand operates totally independently, allowing us to conceive, implement and measure new changes in our products literally hundreds of times a day.
Reporting directly to the Director of Product and based in Bangkok, Agoda’s Product Owner – Connectivity – China will be responsible for defining and executing the strategy and goals for Agoda’s supply connectivity products and accommodation supply partnerships based on customer needs and business goals. POs drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. Product Owners will create and maintain a product roadmap and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that Agoda’s products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of our many customer groups.
A Product Owner will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product roadmap as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. They will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well – conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
In summary, an Agoda Product Owner can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
- Leading company-wide product innovation focused on accommodation supply
- Setting strategic direction of supply partnerships based on customer needs and business goals
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks, and working engineering teams to achieve them
- Managing implementation of connectivity API projects with leading suppliers such as chains and channel managers
- Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Working closely, and acting as a focal point across all key stakeholders – internal and external – to ensure all projects meet business needs
- Reviewing with supply partners the success of the partnership on a regular basis, and drive incremental business through product enhancement
- Proven ability to manage multi-stakeholder software development or implementation projects in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- 7+ years of experience in roles demonstrating above qualities
- Experience with or knowledge about XML, high volume APIs would be beneficial
- MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Proven skills in recruitment and staff leadership
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to ‘speed wins’ philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top