Agoda is not an especially famous brand, nor is it associated with great brand marketing. As the online travel category develops, people want to engage with brands, not websites. People know of us, but they do not love or respect us, and we need to change that.
While brand marketing will develop campaigns across key markets, brand content provides a way for us to engage on an always-on basis, with a topic that people, especially our core market of millennials, are highly engaged with. Content will also enable us to engage with people in a timely/topical manner (and therefore build high relevance and saliency with people in moments that matter) that the campaign model doesn’t quite allow, but nonetheless driving towards commercial objectives.
To that end, we are looking for a story teller, creative thinker, and an all-round make-it-happen/super-plugged-in-and-connected type to create and execute the ideas and framework to enable Agoda to become the most inspiring and engaging source of Asia travel content. This person will work with the central brand team as well as external media partners and PR agencies.
- Bring a love for travel and a desire to understand how we can become one of the world’s greatest travel brands into the day to day
- Be fascinated by different cultures and the way brands are marketed across them and the myriad ways they consume media
- Create content informed by consumer insight, that’s hyper connected to pop culture/social media, and driven by an undying desire to make it happen
- Have the knowledge and energy to get a story out into the world & picked up by media channels.
- Help build an always-on/always-evolving content ecosystem that creates, manages, optimizes and coordinates the publishing of fresh content
- Connect the agoda content ecosystem to ongoing campaigns in market
- Work with media partners and PR agencies
- Experience in creating and executing talk-worthy content, and building an always-evolving ecosystem based on social platforms to amplify content
- Know how to find and brief other creative resources
- Comfortable and experienced with a modern approach to PR (content, social media, influencers, media partnership etc.), 4-6 years of traditional and digital PR experience
- Ability to iterate ideas to adapt and respond quickly to social sentiment
- Experience in creating multi-platform assets and managing social media platforms
- Proactive project management capabilities and experience in managing creative and production resources
- Experience in managing internal and external relationships to keep people inspired and motivated and working across disciplines and teams
- Ability to manage and maximize budgets
- Ability to measure quality/impact of content for future improvement
agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world and Asia’s global e-commerce leader.
Owned and operated by agoda Company Pte Ltd, which is part of the Priceline Group NASDAQ: PCLN (the world’s largest travel company), it is still operated independently by its original founding team.
Offering over 700,000 properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, agoda’s platform is at the cutting edge of an increasingly mobile payment-driven industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels. agoda’s workforce of over 1,700 comprises 64 nationalities, located in 25 countries.
The company has built its brand largely through digital and affiliate marketing and a singular focus on relentless product improvement and innovation.
Now agoda is approaching the next stage in its development and is seeking to tell its brand story. Integrated creative campaigns across all channels will be one of the key tools to do this, much as Facebook and Google are in the process of doing. But it’s about more than that. 21st Century brands shape the business and product and that’s what we aspire to.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is growing fast, where you are empowered to create, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy, all at a scale that very few companies in the world today can offer.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top