Platform Owner, Private Cloud Solution~#
The primary objective for this position will be to conceptualize, design and lead the implementation of a second-generation private cloud platform for Agoda, leveraging open-source technologies (OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes).
This role carries strategic and operational responsibility for a significant portion of the Agoda infrastructure platform. The role requires both technical and leadership skills, coupled with agility and drive to innovate.
The candidate must have an appreciation of the key challenges facing IT teams deploying virtualized solutions in their private cloud and the ability to think, operate and balance competing priorities (strategic and tactical, long-term and near-term), embracing a 360-degree ownership of the private cloud ‘product’.
As Agoda operates at the forefront of the technology, the candidate will need to be able to devise solutions to new, ‘first of a kind’ problems or requirements. The candidate will need to be able to operate in a flexible, fast-moving, technology-oriented and multi-cultural environment.
Key role requirements
- Deep understanding of Cloud and Virtualization technologies with significant prior experience designing large private cloud environments, ideally based on open source technologies.
- A few years of product management experience in the field of virtualization and cloud technologies, ideally with a mix of experience in both established companies and start-up/challenger environments.
- Ability to translate innovative ideas into product concepts, and from there then into actionable product development and deployment plans (Agile methodology)
- Familiar with the concept of containerized applications (Docker) and micro services, and with the security concerns that arise in these environments.
- Experience with defining and building Orchestration and Automation solutions using API driven architectures
- Significant “internet” background. Performance optimization, content delivery, resiliency, DDOS management, security & data privacy considerations, etc.
- Detail oriented, result-driven, innovative mindset with a deeply ingrained sense of ownership for the services delivered.
- Outstanding communication skills and relationship building skills with the ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels internally and externally. The candidate would lead the organization to translate strategy into action with excellent cross-functional project leadership skills, strong and detailed product definition skills and rigorous prioritization skills.
Candidate should have a Bachelor or Master degree in a STEM discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
Agoda is a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, the world’s leading provider of brands that help people book great experiences through technology.
Back to top