Operations Team Leader
About Working At Agoda:
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Since its acquisition by the Priceline group in 2007, Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe and the USA. This role will be in important part of our New York office and will also help to ad growth to our U.S. presence.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
Agoda.com is looking for an experienced Operations Team Leader to lead our Accommodation Services team based in New York City. Accommodation Services is an exciting, fast-paced team that works closely with hotel partners and internal stakeholders in order to deliver excellent support service and manage the needs of our accommodation partners.
As Operations Team Leader, your key objective will be to oversee and drive the team to achieve qualitative and quantitative goals, and always ensure alignment of individual, team and business priorities through constant communication, training and monitoring. In this role you will provide vision, leadership, and guidance in the key operating areas to each team member, and develop tactical plans to reach these goals.
- Recruit, develop, and manage a team of Accommodation Services coordinators
- Oversee day to day tasks and responsibilities of the Accommodation Services team
- Train, teach and develop team members to deliver exceptional partner experience
- Monitor Accommodation Services team operations, complete system audits, manage system and process improvement and quality assurance programs
- Identify and prioritize operational issues, and recommend process improvements when needed
- Implement tools and processes for team performance tracking and reporting
- Ensure team targets and KPIs are achieved
- Share relevant data and information with internal and external partners to ensure a high level of communication and feedback to optimize performance
- Coordinate with senior management on strategic planning and objectives
- Assist with training materials for external and internal users
- Improve and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction levels
- Assist Supply Innovation team with local projects
- Share and seek out best practices and knowledge
- Ensure that the working environment is in line with Agoda’s vision, mission and values
Competencies / Skills:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to new technologies, quick learner and fast to adopt new processes and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with a strong ability to negotiate and communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Independent worker and result driven
- Navigates well in dynamic work environments
- Team player, professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Energetic and driven personality
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Proven experience and knowledge in effective hiring, training, coaching and people management practices
- Thinks outside the box to find new solutions to problems and challenges
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree required
- Minimum 5 years working experience in travel industry, ecommerce, customer service or similar
- Minimum 4 years of supervisory/team lead experience in a contact center environment or similar, including SLA management
- Proven track record in people and performance management
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English
- Advanced Excel skills
Other great things about working at Agoda:
- Summer office hours program, where weekends start early
- Centrally located in Empire State Building
- Private Insurance with excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted visits to the Empire State Building rooftop viewing area
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off including vacation time and holidays
- Employee hotel discounts
- Monthly team parties
- Commuter and Flexible Spending pre-tax programs
- Bike room available and discounts on restaurants located in the building
Below are some websites to learn more about agoda.com:
Hired.com’s latest global brand report has ranked Agoda #1 Employer Brand in Singapore!
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6332121467869818880
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/agodacareers/posts/319960588412399
Agoda is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top