Market Manager Europe (based in Berlin)
*Please note that this is NOT a marketing role but rather a sales/business development and account management role. This position is physically located in our Berlin, Germany location, and we are hiring Market Managers to focus on Markets within Germany but also the rest of Europe, please specify if you have preferences in destinations or countries*
About working at Agoda:
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Since its acquisition by the Priceline group in 2007, Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe and the USA. This role will be in important part of our New York office and will also help to ad growth to our U.S. presence.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
As Market Manager, your key objective will be to help expand Agoda’s room supply network and establish and manage hotel relationships. Ideally you should be experienced in the hotel industry and / or travel industry, especially online travel. You will be taking care of the hotel market and assisting market partnership related functions, as well as identifying trends and defining potential sources of supply to satisfy consumer demand on the Agoda website.
- Evaluate partnerships & determine actions to optimize production
- Execute strategies and promotional activities with partners to enhance productivity and opportunities to manage room availability and competitiveness of the Agoda website
- Identify regional supply requirements in terms of product offerings and promotions to match with market demands
- Identify, qualify, contact, counsel and visit the important hotel and accommodation suppliers to grow the portfolio of key destinations
- Manage listing processes for new suppliers and renewals with existing partners
- Manage all supplier data in distribution systems
- Improve team operation processes and manage supporting resources
- Train and inform partners on our technologies, tools and model
- Participate in market research as required
- Prepare presentations and materials
- Manage regular weekly and monthly supplier and internal reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in any relevant field
- Significant experience in hotel or travel industry, especially OTA channels
- Ability to travel to the market regularly
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence external / internal stakeholders
- Language requirements: English is a must; German preferred
- Flexibility to change destination to manage depending on the company’s needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate various proposals to potential partnersBe a Team player with a Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Success in acquiring, mentoring & building long term customer relationships
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Is creative and Innovative
If interested, please specify in a separate attached cover letter if you prefer a specific market, and include the answers to the following questions: 1) Do you live in Germany or EU already?; 2) Do you have an Online Travel Agency Background?; and 3) Do you have a background in hospitality?
Back to top