Market Experimentation Program Specialist (Bangkok based, relocation provided)
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a Booking Holdings company, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 2 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate and employs over 5,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. Having established itself as the leading Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe, the USA and other markets.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the online sector, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our customers and partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
We are currently seeking to hire a Market Experimentation Program Specialist. This role will be based in our Bangkok office as part of the Agoda Talent Development team. The role has a global reach. The Talent Development team covers careers end-to-end, including talent management, performance management, and learning. It has a unique function in ensuring the best possible development of all our people, without taking ownership for development away from employees and their managers. As such we are a team of professionals who advise and enable teams throughout the organization to work on development. We set challenging targets, co-create content, co-facilitate, teach others to teach and coach, and provide systems to scale, measure, and exchange learning.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
The objective of this role is to help drive a culture of experimentation and growth within our account management in markets around the world for Agoda. This role leverages your understanding of consultative learning, change management and operational structure to offer the best opportunity for success.
The ability to establish and develop profitable long-term partnerships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role. Approximately 25% travel will be expected in role.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Become a specialist in our global partner product and account management experiment and new process roll-outs; try out new go to market motions, test offerings
- Assist with interactive training materials for external and internal users
- Consult with and train local teams on account management and sales techniques
- Assist account managers with new or complex accounts with a view to building local capability
- Synthesize market data with collected observations to bring insights on how partner offerings and account management can be improved
- Seek ways to improve existing workflows, create efficiencies by adding new processes.
- Develop and maintain high level of usage of internal tools
- Interact with internal and external partners
- Provide the team and the senior management with regular, constructive and relevant feedback and detailed monitoring
- Manage workload: meet deadlines with high quality standards
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to senior roles in market management
Experience that can contribute to success in the role includes business and strategic consulting, solution sales, sales coaching, and management of distributed sales organizations. Familiarity with sales/consulting excellence and complex account management is valued.
- 6+ years of experience, with a preference for those with a background in international sales, or a management consulting background and/or a similar role in online/ e-commerce business or Travel Industry; MBA strongly preferred
- Ability to strategize, design and execute towards ambitious goals, and generate creative new approaches to solving business problems
- Self-motivated, self-aware and able to drive collaborative success with limited guidance.
- Adapting well to and being energized by change and innovation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex concepts to executive leadership and operational teams and partner account teams
- Able to effectively communicate value proposition and recommend solutions to partners as an exemplar to in-market teams
- Past success in leading, coaching and developing teams and facilitating learning programs
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills and takes a data-driven, analytical approach to problem solving and decisions, and draws upon business acumen where information is incomplete
- Team player – creates a climate of inclusion and implements inclusive strategies to bring a diverse set of perspectives to the team and solutions
- Results-oriented and an appetite for driving business impact/execution, in a highly autonomous role
Undergraduate degree from a top university expected; advanced degrees welcome. It is critically important to be smart, self-motivated, curious, energetic, hands-on, and adaptive. Flexibility and a sense of humor are a must.
This position is open to worldwide and local candidates and we will assist you with a generous relocation package and visa sponsorship ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Greenhouse portal.
Candidate CV's not submitted through our Greenhouse portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top