Learning & Development Business Partner
ABOUT WORKING AT AGODA
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe and the USA.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our skilled Partner Services teams collaborate on exciting projects with our accommodation partners, hotels and other properties in a rewarding, fast-paced environment to ensure that Agoda’s customers have the best selection and lowest prices. At the center of it all is the desire to build long-term relationships that span borders and cultures, supported by a web of cutting-edge tools and technology.
We are currently seeking to hire an APAC Learning & Development Business Partner. This role will be based in our Bangkok office and join a unique function in ensuring the best possible development of all our people, without taking ownership for development away from employees and their managers. We co-create content, co-facilitate, and teach others to train, facilitate and coach. We provide systems to scale, measure, and exchange learning.
The Learning and Development Business Partner will independently perform a range of content development, program design, and facilitation tasks related to learning and development, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Analyzing needs for learning and development programs for the Partner Service Team.
- Developing new content for delivery by others, to (co-)facilitate, and for self-paced (online) learning.
- Facilitate and co-facilitate a range of programs.
- Cover content development and delivery both for management/leadership skills and for domain skills, e.g., optimizing relationships with hotels, or ensure managers do performance reviews well.
- Collaborate with dedicated instructors in the department that have those and help them become better facilitators.
- Employ innovative capability building methods that go beyond the classroom, including self-directed learning, technology-based learning, learning on the job, testing, monitoring, etc.
- Provide coaching to managers and leaders within the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Enabler of change and development
- Teaches others to teach
- Coaching experience
- Applies change management as part of learning
- Can apply psychometrics, e.g., Insight, MBTI,
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Great facilitator
- Communicates with great clarity and a focus on practical application
- Creates experiences for people to learn from; challenges and guides
- Connects well with people
- Non-ego-centric and humble, yet energetic and driven
- Experienced in developing learning programs
- Define learning objectives, including understanding root-causes
- Source and develop content, including making it relevant and directly useful to specific roles (We prefer own development over outsourcing.)
- Work with practitioners to translate methods into learning content
- Build stand-alone course kits for managers to deliver
- Managerial experience is an advantage as well as consulting and managing change. IT/internet business experience is too.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field; advanced degrees welcome
- Smart, self-motivated, curious, energetic, hands-on, and adaptive
- Professional “get it done” results driven attitude and work ethic.
- Fluency in English a must and a second language such as Mandarin or Japanese a plus.
Back to top