Language Specialist - Simplified Chinese (Bangkok-based)
Our Product Development Department is looking for a Simplified Chinese Language Specialist, to take ownership of website and app content in your native language to provide a great experience to local audience. In this role you will be responsible for content translations, localization ideas, making recommendations for the overall look and feel of our products.
In addition you will work on targeted strategies to increase Agoda’s brand visibility and optimize marketing efforts in China. The Language Specialist will report to our Chinese Team Lead.
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.
- Native Chinese only
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese (English level required equivalent TOEFL 80 / IELTS 6.5)
- University or College Degree
- Avid traveler with rich booking experiences on Chinese applications in China
- At least 2 years full-time work experience
- Experienced translator or equipped with proven excellent translation skills
- Good internet knowledge and comfortable with research
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excel and basic HTML knowledge is a plus
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- A good team player with an excellent eye for detail who takes initiative to make things better
PLEASE NOTE: We will review applications submitted with an English CV, you're welcome to also provide Chinese CV
More information will be provided to candidates, who pass our translation and localization test.
- Maintain quality of website and app content translation/localization
- Provide localization ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Translate English content (site updates, hotel-related information, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters) closely following Agoda brand and language guidelines
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers
- Ensure freelance translations meet required quality standards
- Conduct website reviews for inconsistencies and localization issues
- Analyze language specific data to optimize website and campaign performance
- Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility of Agoda and website traffic within the target market
- Assist with interdepartmental requests
- Ad-hoc administrative duties
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Greenhouse portal.
Candidate CV’s not submitted through our Greenhouse portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
#beijing #shanghai #shenzhen #chendu #wuhan #hongkong #bangkok #singapore #kualalumpur #ART #PRDM #WRT #2 #LI-VV1
Back to top