Language Specialist - Simplified Chinese
Our Product Development Department is looking for a Simplified Chinese Language Specialist, to take ownership of website content in your native language to provide a great experience to local audience. In this role you will be responsible for content translations, localization ideas, making recommendations for the overall look and feel of our products.
In addition you will work on targeted strategies to increase Agoda’s brand visibility and optimize marketing efforts in China. The Language Specialist will report to our Chinese Team Lead.
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.
- Native Chinese only
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese (English level required equivalent TOEFL 80 / IELTS 6.5)
- University or College Degree
- Avid traveler with rich booking experiences on Chinese app in China
- At least 2 years full-time work experience
- Experienced translator or equipped with good translation skills
- Good internet knowledge and comfortable with research
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excel and basic HTML knowledge is a plus
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- A good team player with an excellent eye for detail who takes initiative to make things better
PLEASE NOTE: We will only review applications submitted with an English CV
More information will be provided to candidates, who pass our translation and localization test.
- Maintain quality of website content translation/localization
- Provide localization ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Translate English content (site updates, hotel content, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters) closely following Agoda brand and language guidelines
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers
- Ensure freelance translations meet required quality standards
- Conduct website reviews for inconsistencies and localization issues
- Analyze language specific data to optimize website and campaign performance
- Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility of Agoda and website traffic within the target market
- Assist with interdepartmental requests
- Ad-hoc administrative duties
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Greenhouse portal.
Candidate CV’s not submitted through our Greenhouse portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top