Japanese Linguist & Localization Specialist
Japanese linguist and localization specialist
FL Team / Foreign Language Team Leader
Our Content and Foreign Language team is looking for a Language Specialist, to take ownership of website content in order to provide a good customer experience for the Japanese speaking market. In this role you will be translating content, finding new ideas for better localization, as well as making recommendations on the overall look and feel of our product.
You will also work on targeted strategies to increase visibility on the Agoda brand and optimize marketing efforts across the Japanese market. The Language Specialist will report to our Foreign Language Operations Manager.
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Relocation costs and visa sponsorship will be provided for the successful candidate.
NOTE: All resumes must be in English to be considered.
- Excellent fluency in Japanese (speaking/reading/typing).
- University or College Degree
- At least 2 years’ full-time experience as a translator. Candidates with experience in the Travel, advertising or publishing industry will also be considered.
- Solid Japanese copywriting experience
- Good English skills and translation skills
- Good command of online searching tools, able to find information efficiently
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excel and basic HTML knowledge is a plus
- A good team player with an excellent eye for detail, who takes initiative to make improvement
- Maintain quality of website content translation/localization
- Provide localization ideas and add a linguistic perspective to development
- Translate English content (site updates, hotel content, press releases, travel articles, promotional emails and newsletters) closely following the Agoda brand and language guidelines
- Recruit, manage and supervise freelancers
- Ensure freelance translations meet required quality standards
- Conduct website reviews for inconsistencies and localization issues
- Analyze language specific data to optimize website and campaign performance
- Conduct marketing activities to increase visibility of Agoda and website traffic within the target market
- Assist other departments in their daily requests
- Perform ad-hoc administrative duties
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top