International Tax Specialist
*This role is a Bangkok Based role*
Agoda is one of the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation booking platforms.
Founded in Asia and now part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing you to thrive in and to grow both yourself and Agoda.
As International Tax Specialist, you will work for Agoda Services Co., Ltd in Bangkok and report directly to the International Tax Manager (Compliance and Reporting). You will be part of the Finance Team (approximately 100 professionals) and support the Tax Team in handling international tax compliance matters and advisory work (research and operations) for the Agoda entities worldwide.
This role involves interaction with our US parent company, our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
The role will primarily be split as follows (subject to business needs): tax compliance/reporting (75%) and tax advisory (25%).
This position is open to both local and international candidates with relocation support available for eligible candidates to help ensure a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing tax returns prepared by external advisors (i.e. corporate income tax, withholding tax and indirect taxes) in foreign jurisdictions where the company has legal presence or is registered for tax purposes.
- Assist in identifying potential tax exposures and/or problem areas when reviewing tax compliance.
- Support Tax Manager in preparing accurate and timely monthly & quarterly tax provisions with solid analysis for submission to US Headquarters.
- Coordinate with both internal teams (e.g. accounting and IA teams) and external auditors for financial reporting and for tax compliance issues.
- Liaise with external tax advisors and tax authorities for tax compliance matters.
- Support the Tax Manager on tax advisory matters by identifying tax planning opportunities and coordinating with external advisors (as appropriate) to develop and implement solutions for the organization.
- Perform ad-hoc tax assignments, as assigned by Tax Manager and/or Tax Director.
- Support the Tax Team in daily operations to accomplish tax objectives.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance or any business related field
- Certified accountant/certified tax adviser/equivalent (a plus)
- 4 – 6 years of experience in tax compliance and tax computations/provisions
- Experience in dealing with Tax Authorities during tax audits/investigations
- Experience working in a MNC, and/or SEC listed company in the US (a plus)
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Good analytical, communication & interpersonal skills with adaptability
- Good command of English (both in writing and speaking)
- Good computer literacy (MS Office package)
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally);
- Ability to communicate and present clearly and confidently to Management;
- Adaptable to new technologies, quick learner;
- Team leader and team player;
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly disciplined work habits;
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change;
- Creative and Innovative.
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
#Singapore #hongkong #taiwan #kualalumpur #jarkarta #shanghai #newdelhi #mumbai #london #manila #LGL #FIN #ACCT #3 #LI-SS2
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top