International Payroll Specialist
Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. Offering over 700,000 properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts are at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels. We employ more than 3,800 travel professionals of 67 nationalities in 35+ locations around the world. We have our operating headquarters in Bangkok, where our top team resides, and where we have more than 1000 professionals.
Agoda has experienced dramatic growth. As the company grows and attracts more talent, Agoda seeks to hire a self-motivated, dynamic International Payroll Specialist to help us handle monthly payroll activities. The ideal candidate will work closely with our Global Payroll Manager and our Finance team to ensure accurate, audit-proof payrolls for the 35+ legal entities around the world.
The ideal candidate will also have a passion for People, customer service, and a belief that the team is a priority. Will take ownership of their responsibilities, and is always looking for ways to improve themselves, as well as members of the team through coaching.
In addition to Finance and the Payroll team, the International Payroll Specialist will work very closely with other People functions at Agoda, including Compensation & Benefits to ensure we are effectively administering accurate payrolls efficiently.
- Prepare and process of monthly payrolls accurately for multi-international entities with our global external payroll provider
- Resolve employee queries/issue in relation to payroll
- Oversee and ensure monthly Payroll activities are adhered to as per agreed calendar
- Ensure all payments are made on time, and all necessary reports are issued and submitted on time
- Participate in Payroll implementation work of new office entities and vendor solution
- Support internal and external payroll audit requests
- Help design and implement best-in-class controls, in collaboration with our payroll and finance teams, to ensure preemptive identification of payroll issues
- Perform any other supporting tasks assigned by People Team
Agoda is a dynamic and fast-changing environment. We expect the person in this role to be flexible in his or her understanding of the role and to be able and willing to adapt, to add additional areas of focus, and to respond to changing organizational needs, viewing them as an opportunity to grow and develop a varied portfolio of career skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters in Accounting and Finance highly desirable
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in payroll in a multinational organization.
- Strong interest in team capability building and sharing knowledge with others
- Expertise in Excel; good, working proficiency in related programs
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English required; knowledge of additional languages a plus
- High level of discretion, confidentiality, and ethics
- Ability to work well with employees in a highly multi-cultural environment
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and change
- Good fit with our organization and ability to work well with others
- Humility, flexibility, good interpersonal skills a must
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top