Indirect Tax Manager
Agoda.com, part of Priceline Group Inc listed in NASDAQ, is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. Offering over a million properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts are at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels. We employ more than 2,500 travel professionals of 67 nationalities in 35+ locations around the world.
As an Indirect Tax Manager, you will work for Agoda Services Co., Ltd in Bangkok and report directly to the Tax Director. You will be part of the Finance team (approximately 100 professionals) and also work closely with the Legal team.
The main focus of this position is managing all tax matters related to VAT, sales tax, GST and other indirect taxes for Agoda.com, including the compliance with tax regulations in all countries where we operate as a business, other tax related items and the relationships with Agoda’s tax and legal advisors.
This role involves interaction with our US parent company, our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain tax compliance on Indirect Tax across the business;
- Support tax planning strategies;
- Assessment of tax positions and interpretations of our business models;
- Keep up with new tax developments and ensure compliance with local rules and regulations;
- Project/coordination responsibilities;
- Work on tax analysis with both Finance and Legal teams;
- Work with outside advisors to manage Agoda’s international structure;
- Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within the Agoda group;
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Masters degree in Taxation or Law is a definite asset;
- 6+ years of experience in a multinational tax environment, Big 4 / Top law firm / major corporation experience highly regarded;
- Experience with both mature and developing jurisdictions;
- Strong knowledge of the International tax regulations and experience with managing international tax projects;
- Familiarity with international tax developments such as BEPS;
- Ability to work independently and productively;
- Strong communication skills in English;
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus;
- Strategic thinker with good commercial instincts.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented professional;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management;
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously;
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast turnaround environment;
- Team leader and team player;
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change;
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top