HR Generalist - Employee Experience | Kuala Lumpur
Agoda.com is a leading Asia-based, online travel accommodation company that specializes in securing the best accommodations at the lowest prices for travelers. Agoda.com is part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq:PCLN). Agoda.com’s network includes more than 950,000 accommodations worldwide. The multinational staff of nearly 3,000 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals to both business and leisure travelers.
This role will drive the development and execution of activities relating to employee relations and engagement within the specific location and/ or region of Agoda’s vibrant multilingual Customer Experience Group (CEG). This includes working closely with the local site/ region senior leadership of CEG to develop specific plans for: recruitment and selection, performance management, talent development, retention management, organization design and effectiveness, etc.
- Drive implementation and alignment of specific HR initiatives/ policies to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Coach, counsel, and guide managers in managing employees with poor performance and handling misconduct cases
- Support managers in the execution and tracking of disciplinary actions according to the local laws and regulations
- Handle terminations, ensuring the right steps are taken and the right documentation is used so that the risk of labor claims is minimized
- Analyze past cases of poor performance or misconduct, extract actionable insights in order to:
- define and implement improvements in the process of managing poor performance or misconduct
- recommend changes in the current work rules and policies
- improve the content of the relevant online learning provided to managers
- recommend changes in performance management practices by different teams
- Run internal investigations for issues raised either by managers or employees, ensuring objectivity, compliance to the internal rules and regulations and local legislature.
- Review periodical data/reports to provide validated HR metrics/benchmarks for decision making with the centralized group people team and local management team.
- Drive employee engagement programs and ensure compliance with local legislative requirements and the centralized group people team policies.
- Implement the HR strategies, tools, policies, systems and processes and ensure consistent delivery of ESAT quality.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within ESAT, overall CEG and other Agoda departments.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Human Resources or equivalent performing general HR functions.
- Must have a strong track record as a senior HR professional gained within people intensive, customer orientated industries – travel, hospitality and outsourcing (contact center/ BPO) are highly preferred.
- Good understanding of local labor laws
- Experience in working in multi-regional and site based HR functions is an advantage.
- Experience of leading teams across locations is preferred.
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Psychology and/ or equivalent.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing HR strategies and plans to achieve business goals and objectives with clear and tangible HR metrics.
- Ability to analyze business challenges/ data and provide recommendations to business leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conceptual ability and ability to work well with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English – additional language is a plus
- Professional experience in MS office tools is desired (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Good to have
- Project management certifications (PMP or equivalent)
- CIPD or any HR certifications
What we offer
- Career opportunity regarding moves within teams and global locations
- Possibility for continuous learning and development through corporate learning programs
- Modern working environment in the heart of the metropolitan city of Kuala Lumpur
- Young and dynamic multinational team
- Competitive salary & overall package
- Relocation support and/ or package may be provided
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top