Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be part of an organization with a very unique approach to HR? Would you want to work in a rapidly growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry? How about living in one of the world’s most beautiful countries? Then Agoda is the place for you!
Agoda is an online hotel and accommodation booking service and we are one of the fastest growing companies in the thrilling online travel industry. We have more than 3,500 employees from 67 different nationalities located in 35+ locations around the world. We offer our customers 1,300,000+ properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages.
We are looking for someone to be part of our Talent Management and HRBP team as HR Generalist. We are looking for someone who combines great execution with the intellectual disposition to challenge current practices.
As HR Generalist you will gradually gain experience in 3 different areas:
- employee relations and poor performance management
- talent management and performance management solutions
- HR projects
The initial responsibility will be focused on supporting and providing advice to people managers on performance management and employee relations. As there are business needs and projects that require support you will play an active role in talent management solutions and HR projects.
These are some of the responsibilities for the different areas:
Employee relations and poor performance management
- Act as the subject matter expert on compliance and company policies and procedures, providing advice to managers
- Coach, counsel, and guide managers in managing employees with poor performance and handling misconduct cases
- Support managers in the execution and tracking of disciplinary actions according to the local laws and regulations
- Handle terminations, ensuring the right steps are taken and the right documentation is used so that the risk of labor claims is minimized
- Analyze past cases of poor performance or misconduct, extract actionable insights in order to:
- define and implement improvements in the process of managing poor performance or misconduct
- recommend changes in the current work rules and policies
- improve the content of the relevant online learning provided to managers
- recommend changes in performance management practices by different teams
Talent management and performance management solutions
- Coach managers based on performance review data and insights from different people data dashboards
- Support projects such as succession planning, performance reviews, …
- Support calibration sessions
- Run focus groups to gain insights from employees
- Perform exit interviews to gain insights on reasons for attrition
- Do research on statutory benefits
- Partner with the People Technology team to update leaves entitlements in our HRIS
- Handle requests from the business related to labor law, statutory benefits, ...
- Draft employees handbooks or policies
- Run HR auditing projects
To be successful in this position it will help you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and change
- Curious, ready to challenge current practices
- Great attention to detail
- Humility, flexibility, good interpersonal skills
- High level of discretion, confidentiality, and ethics
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- 2-3 years of related experience is valued
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top