Head of China Marketing
China is one of Agoda’s key focus markets, both because of its huge size and influence on all of APAC. We are aggressively growing our China marketing efforts and are seeking an innovative, results-oriented marketer to drive Agoda’s marketing strategy in China.
The Agoda marketing department is highly data driven and invests in developing proprietary in-house tools to automate, scale and optimize marketing programs. You will drive new strategies, idea generation, growth and development of products, as well as people. You will be involved in all marketing channels in China from brand to social to performance marketing and will coordinate and align them on the strategy. You will be in a senior manager role in our international digital marketing team and should be comfortable working with product managers, engineers, and teams ranging from finance to analytics. Because of the significant impact that these channels have on our overall business, you will have regular interaction with the senior management team, including COO, and CEO.
This role is based at Global Operations Office at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Work with senior management to craft Agoda’s China marketing strategy across all channels
- Manage some of the China marketing channels directly while liaising with other marketing teams to drive growth and innovation in the China market
- Find new partners, channels, and tests we should be running across all of our marketing channels – display, brand, app marketing, social, affiliates, search, ...
- Work with all of Agoda’s teams from product to partner services and customer support to prioritize all China-related initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of Agoda’s website offerings and of Agoda’s target markets to create actionable advertising campaigns
- Drive the marketing teams to test, analyze and optimize campaigns, deliver data-driven insights.
- Intimate familiarity with the China marketing landscape
- Experience in leading online marketing campaigns in China with proven measurable results
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in articulating strategic issues and negotiating with C-level executives
- Ability to foster cooperation across teams and across nationalities
- People management – track record of hiring and developing stars
- Brand, social and performance marketing experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit, get-things-done attitude
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Part of the Priceline Group [world’s largest travel company - NASDAQ: PCLN], but still operated independently by its original founding team, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book over one million properties in almost every country on earth.
In very department – from engineering to customer support – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone out there. Over 2,500 Agodans from 64 different nationalities bring the diversity of views that is essential in the fast changing online travel industry.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is growing fast, where you are empowered to create, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy, all at a scale that very few companies in the world today can offer.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top