Graduate Data Engineer
Our Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build products across our next gen data platform products.
Our systems scale across multiple data centers, totaling a few million writes per second and managing petabytes of data. We deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage and analytics. We are not just using Big Data technologies, we are pushing them to the edge.
Agoda is a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, the world’s leading provider of brands that help people book great experiences through technology. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. In this competitive world of online travel agencies, finding even the slightest advantage in the data can make or break a company. That is why we put data systems in our top priorities.
While we are proud of what we built so far, there is still a long way to go to fulfill our vision of data. We are looking for people who are as excited about data technology as we are, to join the fight.
You can be part of designing, building, deploying (and probably debugging) products across all aspects of our core data platform products.
- Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of our existing data systems
- Design, build, test and deploy new libraries, frameworks or full systems for our core systems while keeping to the highest standards of testing and code quality
- Work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify and build tools to automate many large-scale data management / analysis tasks.
At Agoda we believe that attitude, intelligence and Agoda DNA are crucial for success. If you feel that you have the smarts, the drive to be the best developer there is and are always focused on building the best product out there, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering or related field
- Experience working with modern systems languages is a plus
- Experience debugging and reasoning about production issues
- A good understanding of data architecture principles
You might call yourself “Data Engineer” or “Backend Engineer” or you might consider yourself an authority in a certain field, but you will have a keen interest in how the different systems work together.
We'd love to hear from you if you are experienced in any of the technologies we work with (note – we are not looking for you to have them all). We are interested in speaking to persons of any level from individuals just starting their IT careers to experts in their field.
- Any experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies / tools
- Any OOP or Functional programming experience
- Strong experience in JVM languages (Java / Scala in particular)
- Python/Perl/Go/Shell scripting skills also a plus.
- Experience working with open source products
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
A few of the technologies we use
Spray, Hadoop, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Yarn, Akka, Mesos, Kafka, Sensu, Redis, Scala, Python, Cassandra, Postgres, Spark, OpenStack, Logstash, Couchbase, Vertica, Grafana, Go.
Back to top