Global Payroll Coordinator (6 months contract)
Agoda.com, a member of the Booking Holdings, is one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms worldwide, listing more than 500,000 hotels and providing services in 38 languages. We employ more than 4,000 travel professionals of 67+ nationalities in 40+ locations around the world. We have our operating headquarters in Bangkok, where our top team resides, and where we have more than 900 professionals.
The People & Organization Development department was established in 2012 to help this high-growth, multinational company effectively and efficiently attract, assess, reward, excite, and retain its travel professionals. The People team now has close to 80 members who perform a range of core tasks, including
- identifying, acquiring, and assessing our talent
- enabling and assisting with global mobility as new employees relocate to join us in Bangkok, or as current employees relocate to new offices
- conducting tailored learning and leadership development programs to invest in and upskill our talent
- ensuring we pay our people fairly and that we offer cost-effective benefits that allow us to attract and retain top talent
- addressing performance and non-performance related workplace issues that arise from time to time so that Agoda remains a productive, collaborative work environment
Agoda has experienced dramatic growth. As the company grows and attracts more talent, Agoda seeks to hire a self-motivated, dynamic Global Payroll Coordinator to help us administer monthly payroll activities. The ideal candidate will work closely with our Payroll Manager, our Payroll Specialists and our Finance team to ensure accurate, audit-proof payrolls for the 40+ legal entities around the world.
In addition to Finance and the Payroll team, the Global Payroll Coordinator will work very closely with other People functions at Agoda, including Compensation & Benefits to ensure we are effectively administering accurate payrolls efficiently.
- Perform monthly tasks to establish and maintain employee/payroll records
- Coordinate data as per agreed-upon Payroll calendar.
- Assist Payroll Specialists in preparation and processing of Payroll paperwork to third parties such as tax and social security registration for new employees.
- Answering questions from employees and resolving their concerns
- Help design and implement best-in-class controls, in collaboration with our payroll and finance teams, to ensure preemptive identification of payroll issues
- Work with Finance department in monthly Payroll funding forecasting and reconciliation process
- Process payroll payments accurately and timely with vendors
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned by managers
Agoda is a dynamic and fast-changing environment. We expect the person in this role to be flexible in his or her understanding of the role and to be able and willing to adapt, to add additional areas of focus, and to respond to changing organizational needs, viewing them as an opportunity to grow and develop a varied portfolio of career skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in Accounting and Finance highly desirable
- New graduates considered; candidate with 1-3 years of experience in performing Payroll or HR functions a strong plus
- Strong interest in team capability building and sharing knowledge with others
- Ambitious individuals with the desire to progress and develop knowledge and career strongly preferred
- Expertise in Excel; good, working proficiency in related programs
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English required; knowledge of additional languages a plus
- High level of discretion, confidentiality, and ethics
- Ability to work well with employees in a highly multi-cultural environment
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and change
- Good fit with our organization and ability to work well with others
- Humility, flexibility, good interpersonal skills a must
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top