Global Head of Talent Acquisition
Agoda is one of the largest online accommodation platforms globally, offering over 2 million properties in 174 countries and 38 languages. Agoda’s products and services enable hotel groups to distribute inventory online and allow consumers to book accommodations conveniently. Founded in 2005 and based in Bangkok, Thailand, Agoda is a major tech innovator of Booking Holdings (formerly Priceline Group). We currently have over 3,800 employees from 86 different nationalities located all around the world and are still growing fast!
Agoda employs world-class technology to offer instant confirmation for over 2 million listed hotels. In addition to a wide selection of accommodations and room types, we leverage millions of authentic hotel reviews submitted by customers after they have completed their hotel stays to ensure Agoda is the best source of information for travelers worldwide.
About the Role:
In your role as Global Head of Talent Acquisition you are responsible for delivering hiring results across the entire organization, partnering directly with our Chief Operations Officer. Primary focus is on our Product, Partner Services, Customer Experience Group, and possibly other verticals. You will partner in the development and execution of Agoda’s overall talent acquisition strategy, recruitment processes, and analytics.
Recruitment at Agoda is unique. We report directly to our business heads who have the same headcount KPI’s as we do. As a recruitment leader, your main role is to provide the Data, Strategy, and Execution in ensuring leadership hits our global recruitment goals together. You will manage a team of recruitment managers with specific recruitment specialties, enabling and empowering them in hitting their goals.
As Agoda’s representative you will also be at the forefront of driving change in the recruitment industry. You will be responsible for managing, improving, and redefining the systems and processes that identify and secure the most coveted talent in the industry.
This role is based in Bangkok and sits and reports directly into the Chief Operating Officer. Your role will include the following:
- Ensure Agoda’s entire recruitment operation is proactive in achieving hiring targets, inspiring and cultivating a dispersed team of managers and recruiters
- Regular communication with our COO and leadership across Partner Services, Product Development, and the Customer Experience Group
- Improve the recruitment process in the organization including application of metrics, measurement, and reporting
- Develop and implement high quality, innovative and cost-effective sourcing strategies
- Establish effective selection process and ensure adoption
- Oversee external recruitment agencies and vendors to supplement efforts of a full time team. We mostly employ a direct hire model, but occasionally engage with select agencies
- Monitor and actively manage budget and recruiting investments
- Manage other Global Recruitment Managers to ensure alignment around global processes, systems, sourcing strategies, social media and employment branding
- Monitor labor legislation and implements required changes to ensure compliance
- Manage and develop members of the PS recruitment team
- Proactively share recruitment topics, progress, innovations and results
- Design and deliver or assigns and prepares members of team to deliver training on recruitment, selection practices and other relevant topics
- 10+ years of experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment within the E-commerce, technology, OTA, management consulting or hospitality sectors
- 6+ years leadership and managerial experience in recruiting globally
- A master of recruitment strategy, able to give vision and direction to their own team of recruitment managers on global recruitment efforts among broad verticals (tech, sales, CS)
- A role model in creative sourcing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key stakeholders in execution of recruiting initiatives
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to leverage data to support a business case then pursues creative solutions
- Engaging leader that supports teamwork and putting others forward
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence and develop strong relationships
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and capable of adapting and responding to change
- Experience working in a globally matrixed environment
- Partners and influences senior leadership; is self-confident, and capable in building proactive and meaningful relationships throughout our global organization
- Must be passionate about travel!
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top