Global Head of Pricing Strategy
In the online travel industry, with fast-changing user behavior and the growing role-played by price comparison websites, offering the best price grants disproportionate gains. Travelers chose Agoda because they are confident that they can find there the best hotels, at the best price.
Success can only be achieved by combining a programmatic approach to optimize volumes and margins in the short term with a strategic approach to take into account the reactions from the other players in the game, from customers to hotels, from competitors to regulatory bodies.
To this end, we are looking for a senior leader to craft Agoda’s global strategic pricing strategy and execute upon it, using a wide range of tactics and tools, from price display to machine learning algorithms.
He or she will work closely with Agoda’s senior management, marketing, and product teams while leading and growing a team of talented pricing campaign managers and analysts.
The role will be based in Bangkok.
- Work with C-level executives and other internal stakeholders to craft a global pricing framework, taking into account Agoda’s strategic priorities
- Work with the Product team to build the tools to execute and monitor pricing actions and to improve price display across all channels
- Work with the Market Development team to collect price benchmarking data and intelligence from local markets, and to respond to moves from competitors and hotel partners
- Design and deploy pricing actions, balancing short term financial goals with the longer term strategic imperatives
- Lead a multi-million dollar budget and provide visibility to internal stakeholders
- Inspire, coach and grow the pricing team
- Experience in articulating strategic issues and negotiating with C-levels – experience in leading strategy consulting projects a plus
- Excellent analytical skills – you really need to love data for this role
- Ability to cultivate collaboration across teams and across nationalities
- People management – track record of managing and leading stars
- P&L management
- Entrepreneurial spirit, get-things-done attitude
- Exposure to IT and Product Development – basic coding skills a plus
Agoda is one of the biggest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms in the world. Part of the Booking Holdings [world’s largest travel company – NASDAQ: BKNG], but still operated independently by its original founding team, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book over one million properties in almost every country on earth.
In every department – from engineering to customer support – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone out there. Over 2,500 people from 70 different nationalities bring the diversity of views that is essential in the fast-changing online travel industry.
This is a rare opportunity to join a company that is growing fast, where you are empowered to build, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy, all at a scale that very few companies in the world today can offer.
Back to top