Fraud Prevention Specialist - Bangkok
WHO WE ARE:
Agoda is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. Offering over 1,250,000+ vacation rentals and hotels in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts are at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels.
From IT professionals managing hundreds of millions of data points to market managers building relationships with hotels to PR specialists networking with media around the globe, Agoda.com delivers an exciting, fast-paced environment in every one of our 57 offices located in 34 countries.
Our workforce of over 2,800 comprises 74 nationalities, and is truly one of our biggest strengths. We pride ourselves on a dynamic, workplace where creativity thrives and collaboration is key. A positive, enjoyable culture where people work hard but smile often is what keeps our team spirit high, and we encourage communication to be open, frequent, and constructive.
We choose people who are dedicated to making things great, who are able to push boundaries, and who understand that cutting edge products come from cutting edge ideas. Our industry moves fast, and so must we - but we have a great time doing it.
What we need:
The Fraud Prevention team is looking for a Fraud Prevention Specialist to keep all our 1,250,000+ vacation rentals and hotels our portfolio free from payment errors and it is no small feat.
What we do:
The Fraud Prevention team aims to minimize fraud and payment disputes whilst ensuring minimal disruption to genuine guests.
- Pinpoint, investigate fraudulent activities on transactions to prevent losses
- Detect/determine high-risk transactions and respond timely to mitigate potential losses by placing holds, restricting accounts, and recommending closures of account transactions.
- Recommend alternative processes to Supervisors/Manager to further reduce losses
- Report to Supervisors
Do you have what it takes?
- Willing to work dayshift; 5 days a week with shift rotation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Should have strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to ‘think outside of the box’
- Should be capable of quick, independent thought with the ability to make unaided decisions
- Assertive but tactful
- Patient and persistent, while remaining calm under pressure
- Organized and methodical
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team
Journey with us in this exciting period of growth. This role is open to all candidates, including international candidates currently residing in Thailand. We will provide Visa sponsorship.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Greenhouse portal.
Candidate CV's not submitted through our Greenhouse portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top