Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Front-End Department builds the Agoda web and app products. We have several teams in front-end focusing on different aspects of our products including accommodations, flights, payments, marketing, post-booking services, and more. Agoda’s marketplace is the world. We build localized and optimized user experiences at scale on every major internet platform. These include our mobile websites, native apps, and desktop sites. We hire people from around the world who have a passion for using technology to create and implement the best user experiences. Our teams work on the full stack and build end-to-end systems including user interfaces, APIs, backend systems, and database systems. Our products are always evolving and under experimentation. We accomplish this by having an amazing degree of automation, CI/CD systems, and use a modularized approach. As we are data driven and measure our results, we continually innovate and improve our work. We are looking for the next great talent who strives to learn and grow and has a standard of excellence, strong sense of ownership, and great technical skills.
We are looking hands-on Development Managers / Directors who have unique knowledge and abilities to contribute to our highly scaled web products and mobile applications. You must be a strong leader who can guide our staff beyond our already high standards of engineering to the next level.
The manager and director roles at Agoda are some of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate is both extremely hands on – technically excellent, with solid engineering principles – and exhibits strong leadership and people development skills. We are looking for world class managers to lead one or more of our engineering teams.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Maintain ownership and responsibility of mission critical systems.
- Guide one or more Agile teams to success.
- Get involved with full stack, server, and mobile app engineering and guide server, client, and infrastructure technical staff to the best solutions.
- Directly manage between 5 and 10 technology professionals as a manager or between 3 and 5 direct manager reports as a director and be responsible for their performance at the company.
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- At least 3 years of experience managing engineering teams of 3 people and more, 5+ years of experience in software engineering. 5+ years of management for director level.
- Proficient in one or more mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Web)
- Knowledge in scale, microservices and clean architecture.
- Extremely proficient in modern mobile and server coding and design practices. For example, VIPER, MVVM, MVP, SOLID principals, and TDD.
- Excellent people management and communication skills.
- B.S. in Computer Science or quantitative field; M.S. preferred
It's Great if you have:
- Deep experience in multiple platforms including iOS, Android, Web, and API services
- Have managed teams and been a key player at an Internet company that is at scale with large numbers of users and transactions per second
- Have experience managing in a data driven company with experience analyzing and working with Big Data
- Created new teams and greenfield projects solving large system problems
- Previously worked with VP or Senior leadership at a large company
- Worked on global projects serving world markets with distributed data centers and localization of the front end and dat
#bangkok #melbourne #telaviv #kiev #moscow #newdelhi #dubai #london #manchester #liverpool #lodz #wroclaw #poznan #rio #sanfranciso #sanjose #losangeles#chicago #newyork #boston #seattle #washdc #sydney #minsk #toronto #vancouver #beijing #shanghai #prague #copenhagen #berlin #munich #nice #paris #IT #ENG #4 #LI-TS1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.