Engineering Manager - Back End
Please note this role is based in BANGKOK, Thailand! We provide full relocation packages for you and your family.
The development manager role at Agoda is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate is both extremely hands on – technically excellent, with solid engineering principles – and exhibits strong leadership and people development skills. We are looking for world class development managers to lead one or more of our engineering teams.
The hands on part of the job is fundamental, and most of our development managers are writing and reviewing code, giving expert level coaching and guidance to their engineers. It's important to have a love of engineering and a passion for building things elegantly and at scale. Staying in touch with where the industry is going is crucial, and it’s important to have strong opinions about how systems should be architected, engineered, and maintained. Our company believes in full stack engineering: you should have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: infrastructure, client side, back end, performance, data, and others.
Despite our investment and belief in technology, people are still our greatest asset. The right candidate will have a keen interest in developing people: inspiring those around them so they can achieve their potential. Being able to bring A-players such as yourself from outside and integrating them into the business will also be important.
- Extremely proficient in at least 1 programming language (Java, Scala, C#), ideally several
- Strong experience in systems architecture – particularly in complex, scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems
- Demonstrable experience as a system owner with operational responsibility
- Proficient in lower level engineering (Garbage collection, context switching, threading)
- DevOps culture – Agility. Leanness. Automation. CI/CD
- Good understanding of application security
- Passionate about technology and the Internet
- Must have worked in a successful agile development team
- Be an inspiring leader: what will make your engineers strive to be the best in the world?
- Must have run engineering teams before, 5+ people
- Able to operate with autonomously: making decisions, setting KPIs, with a strong sense of ownership
- Practices data driven decision making
If you feel you are the right candidate to take us to the next level, then get in touch! Agoda is full of like-minded people who demand success and ensure we reach it.
#shanghai #beijing #shenzhen #sanfrancisco #sanjose #losangeles #sandiego #oakland #miami #orlanda #boston #seattle #newyork #telaviv #manchester #london #liverpool #york #dublin #sydney #melbourne #IT #4 #5 #LI-JA1
Back to top