Director of Software Engineering
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineering Director to help us expand, scale and innovate our development & engineering department.
Are you passionate about using technologies to solve problems? Can your passion drive a team to develop lean and efficient code that drives our cutting edge product? Then we would like to hear from you!
As the Director of Software Engineering at Agoda you will lead and guide a team of 15 software engineers. You will work closely together with your peers to improve on the areas of functionality, quality and performance. You provide strategic input and thought leadership whilst constantly evaluating, mentoring and coaching your department managers as well as overseeing recruitment incentives. Your mission is to help us make Agoda the best online travel website bar none.
For you to be successful, within six months you will have coached the department to have a thorough understanding of engineering best-practices in software development, evaluate decisions and technologies, think critically and closely adhere to Scrum methodologies. Your team will be putting technologies to the best of use for the interest of Agoda.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be part of the largest online travel company, to be a meaningful contributor to our growth and strategic direction and to drive research and innovation and to make a step change in your career.
- Lead, guide and mentor multiple software engineering teams using Scrum
- Ensure our systems are scalable and can handle millions of daily visitors
- Ensure our systems are fault-tolerant and self-healing
- Drive engineering best-practices (unit testing, continuous delivery, etc.)
- Encourage and drive meaningful innovation
Some of the technologies that you will use on a daily basis:
- Server side technologies (E.g.: C#, Python, Play framework)
- NoSQL database technologies (E.g.: Cassandra, Hadoop, Couchbase)
- Object Oriented Languages (E.g.: C#, Java, Scala)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Performance and load testing
- Must have worked for a large scale Internet/Ecommerce company
- 10 years' + experience in software development
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership/influencer position: team lead, development manager or architect. You will have experience of managing a team of at least 10 people or more
- Must have worked in an Agile environment and understand Scrum
- Able to communicate and sell your vision for the team, ask smart questions to get the best out of everyone.
- The ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
You are the ideal candidate if your career has begrudgingly moved you somewhat away from coding because you spend more and more time managing a team. But you are so technology focused that you continue with IT hobby interests and technology still holds its fascination for you. You hold a point of view on relevant new technologies and you probably still tinker with coding projects at home. If that sounds like you, then you will fit in very well here.
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top