Director of Marketing Products
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work at the cutting edge of marketing optimization? Would you want to work in a rapidly growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry? How about living in one of the world’s most beautiful countries, one top-rated by expats? Then Agoda is the place for you!
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand.
Agoda is an online hotel and accommodation booking website part of the Booking Holdings Group (alongside Kayak, booking.com, rentalcars.com, and others), which is by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. The best part is that each brand operates independently, meaning we have the resources of a big enterprise, but the mentality of an entrepreneurial startup.
The Director of Marketing Products is a senior role overseeing a team of product owners that look after 10+ scrums covering three areas: paid (SEM/PPC, MSE, affiliate), direct (SEO, app, email) and pricing/loyalty. Teams drive wins through A/B testing in a wide range of functions: optimization through extensive work with data scientists, system building for driving automation at a massive scale, UX/UI innovation as on the Agoda home page or through push notifications, and cross-functionally by driving end to end user flows from acquisition channel to conversion. The Director of Marketing Products is a hands on role deep in the details while developing an overall strategy focused on innovation and inspiring a highly skilled team.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and we will assist you with visa and relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
What does the team of product owners in marketing love about Agoda?
- You decide the roadmap and there’s virtually no red tape to get it approved. Have a crazy idea that you think will move the dial? Start engineers working on it tomorrow. We are very fast-moving and entrepreneurial.
- Agoda has an unlimited marketing budget because we operate against profitability constraints. That means your tests run fast and at massive scale.
- We run one of the most sophisticated marketing engines in the world, praised by partners like Google and TripAdvisor. We eat technology, complex systems and machine learning for breakfast.
- Agoda attracts top talent from brands like Google, Microsoft and Amazon, which means you’re learning from the best.
We operate at massive scale!
- +1 billion keywords across a dozen search engines
- 600 million bids updated daily using machine learning algorithms
- Millions of ads created programmatically across 50 languages every day
- Hundreds of millions spent in performance marketing every year
- Over 120 million SEO-optimized landing pages
What’s the work like? Agoda’s product team is the company’s engine for innovation. A product owner is the CEO of his or her product, operating with considerable autonomy. We are typically in charge of a specific set of marketing products, whether SEO, pricing optimization, email systems, affiliate tools, landing pages, bidding algorithms, search advertising automation, and many others. We work closely with our counterparts in the marketing department, sharing with them revenue-driven KPIs and a drive to experiment and innovate our way to growth.
Product owners can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer. And, you get to live in Thailand!
- Lead company-wide product innovation in marketing product development by overseeing the roadmaps and overall vision of the team. Relentlessly prioritize innovations to achieve growth goals
- Communicate your vision extensively with stakeholders across the organization, particularly in the marketing department
- Manage a team of product owners in supporting them to execute on their roadmaps.
- Act quickly on trends and opportunities by staying up to date on an extremely dynamic and competitive industry
Qualifications and experience:
- Extremely comfortable with data and analysis. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience managing marketing campaigns or building product, technologies and operations that them, preferably at a large-scale ecommerce company
- A hands on approach driven by a passion for rapidly designing and building projects, then A/B testing their success
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- MBA, advanced math or engineering degree
- Experience with emerging data-mining technology, machine learning or data science
- Able to design large data structures and write complex SQL queries
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE, we have a strict PSL in place and we will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Greenhouse portal.
Candidate CV’s not submitted through our Greenhouse portal or submitted directly through to managers or HR will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable.
Back to top