The development manager role at Agoda is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate should both be extremely hands on, technically excellent and solid engineering principles as well as exhibiting strong leadership and people development skills. We are looking for world class development managers to lead our website engineering team and bring it to where it belongs: the number one spot.
The hands on part of the job is fundamental. Whilst you may not be expected to code, it's important to have a love of engineering and a passion for building things. Staying in touch with where the industry is going is a must as well as having strong opinions about how systems must be engineered and maintained. Our company believes in full stack engineering and as such this should mean you have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: infrastructure, client-side, back-end, performance, data and others.
As a technology company we have to keep up with the latest ideas and innovations and make key choices when to adopt, when to follow and when to innovate. Previous experience of making the right choices will be required as you will be responsible for the technical direction of our key asset: the Agoda website.
Despite our investment and belief in technology, people are still our greatest asset. The right candidate will have a keen interest in developing people: inspiring those around them so they can achieve their potential. Being able to bring A-players such as yourself from outside and integrating them into the business will also be important.
- Extremely proficient in an object orientated language (C#, java, Scala)
- Extremely proficient in modern coding practices (dependency injection, design patterns)
- Back-end development (MVC, APIs, data retrieval)
- Proficient in lower level engineering (Garbage collection, context switching, threading)
- Extremely proficient in automatic testing (Nunit, Selenium, Mocha)
- Good understanding of Internet technologies (HTTP, SSL, TCP)
- Passionate about technology and the Internet
- Must have worked in a successful agile development team
- Be an inspiring leader; what will make your engineers go the extra mile?
- Must have run engineering teams before, teams no smaller than 6 people
If you feel you are the right candidate to take us to the next level then get in touch! Agoda is full of like minded people who demand success and ensure we reach it,
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.
Agoda is a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, the world’s leading provider of brands that help people book great experiences through technology.
Back to top