Database Administrator (DBA)
As a part of the database operations team, a candidate is responsible for administrating MS SQL Server and No-SQL data engine including database monitoring and supporting 24x7 in production.
- Administrating, Proactive and re-active monitoring of 600 database servers (SQL and No-SQL) in order to provide 24 x 7 uptime and availability across multiple datacenters
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning data engine.
- Deploy database changes and first line database support
- Communicating and reviewing database solutions, technical, applications with Operations Staff and external entities to ensure scalability, integrity and security of database.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science or any related fields.
- Understand database design, ER Diagram and structured query language (SQL)
- Ability to learn new data engine technology such as MS SQL Server, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Kafka or Aerospike.
- Experience with Database High Availability technology such as Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication, Log shipping is a plus.
- Experience with Database Monitoring, Proactive and re-active is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments well.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Be the team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to attend on-call rotation
Highly desirable advantages skills:
- Candidate who has MS SQL Server ,Vertica , ORACLE, DB2 , Sybase, Elastic Search or Kafka experience will be considered
See Inside the Office of Agoda
As one of the fastest-growing online hotel platforms, Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers around the globe. With its web and mobile products that combine local knowledge and connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers, Agoda strives to make travel affordable, accessible, and easily available to its worldwide customer base.
Back to top